When it all goes wrong......... What do you do.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
This wasn't a bad idea at all. I nicked a quick round yesterday morning with a mate who is very good company and after 5 holes I think we stumbled on a key error, my alignment was miles off.

Stripped it back to basics:
Grip: check
Alignment: fixed
Posture: felt and looked OK
Swing: just swing the bloody club and stop thinking about stuff:

The strikes were hit and miss but when your changing the alignment set up I expect that so I'm not fussed, but I was finding the middle of fairways which I haven't been on for a while.

What I didn't notice is we adopted the Jason Day approach and dropped the speith attitude. Instead of reviewing the negatives we complemented the positives. As an example instead of " oh that was a crap strike ", it was " there's no fade with a straight flight ". It's amazing how good conversation and on acknowledging the positives can have the biggest impacts

Onwards and upwards, bloody game!

Strip it right back to basics. Grip, Posture, Alignment, then swing. Nothing else.

The more your mind is cluttered, the more tension that comes into your arms, and the more it is working overtime to make the adjustments you think it requires.

You are clearly a decent golfer, so just strip it right back to basics, relax, and play a few rounds without keeping score. It will all come back to you. It's the winter now.... so just take it all with a pinch of salt and try thinking of the bigger picture.

The best golfers in the world have dips in form. 3 or 4 months of top 10 finishes every week and then 6+ months not making the cut!