When is it time?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Difficult one. I play a reasonable amount and to be honest given the amount I pay in subs (by DD) I need to be playing as much as I can to get value for money. While I feel I get value per cost per round I'll carry on

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Difficult one. I play a reasonable amount and to be honest given the amount I pay in subs (by DD) I need to be playing as much as I can to get value for money. While I feel I get value per cost per round I'll carry on

How do you put value on a round?

(Rounds x Visitor green fee)/monthly DD? Do you just need to play enough to make the number over 1? In that case most places I have played means you need to do one 18 and 1 9 a month at least.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
How do you put value on a round?

(Rounds x Visitor green fee)/monthly DD? Do you just need to play enough to make the number over 1? In that case most places I have played means you need to do one 18 and 1 9 a month at least.

I get what you say. For me as long as I feel I'm playing often so I'd probably be happy with 90-120 round per year and regular use of the practice facilities.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Don't think I'd ever be a member.
I'd get bored playing the same course.
Some cracking deals to play twilight mid week.
Plus I'm a bit of a fair weather golfer so wouldn't get value for money in winter.

Dasit

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anyone playing 2-3 times a week should be Cat 1 or they seriously need another coach.....IMO.

My group play twice a week and no one is cat 1. I haven't been playing long that is my excuse.

Think most people find a level and it kind of stay at it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Anyone playing 2-3 times a week should be Cat 1 or they seriously need another coach.....IMO.

Unless that person has reached their natural peak level in the sport and just won't get any better regardless of lessons and practice

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Obviously you're entitled to your opinion.
But do you seriously believe that everyone has the potential to be Cat1?

OK perhaps not everyone down to Cat1 but they should be improving steadily playing that amount of golf unless like LP says they have honestly reached their full potential.

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Decided to call time on my membership and from August 1st I'll be a nomad again. Really gutted but only 4 comp rounds this year says it all really.

heimerdinger

www.magestore.com
Sometimes it's essential to pay for it.
Each time play golf, I must go 30 miles from my home with my motorbike without entering high way....
I'm trying to play at least 2 times a month. I keep playing because of my passion for it.