When do you think you will next play golf?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
HaHa, well your welcome to see how you get on. 6500yds par 72 off whites. You looking at two dog leg left then right Par 4 in pic. But do like look of your course. Not sure what our slope rating will be heard tale 235 but no idea if that right or what means as yet.

My home course (Coventry) is 6590 par 73 and is rated 139, your 235 is incorrect, what course is it and I’ll tell you what it is.

My away course (Woodhall Spa) has a slope ratings of 149 (yellows) and 159 ( whites) on the Hotchkin, so I’d say you might have fat fingers and you meant to type 135?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Might as well say I know nothing and it’s the 11th......I’ve been told that from a very very reliable source (he knows R&A people...)....

So there we are!

What have R+A got to do with when things will open? They only monitor us pleb golfers. (Sorry not having a pop at you...got a long memory)

Fish

Banned
Visit site
This is a great tee to give you the jitters if your driver is misbehaving on the day

867F49D1-7E9E-4F76-96C7-4C77A626014F.jpeg

the 2nd shots just as worrying....

949EBF1D-8522-4140-BADA-CEC25636DE9E.jpeg

Last edited:

Fish

Banned
Visit site
That a bit tight for the first shot of the round. You have to draw the ball round the trees?. Second shot looks a lovely one though, if you're on the fairway. I'd be in the trees

Sorry, poorly worded, not a 1st tee, hence my comment of the driver misbehaving on the day.

Mandofred

Visit site
Looks inviting, some where in Scotland ?
Skipton.....just up the road from me. Only played there once and I liked it....new holes since I played. Just keep wondering why people keep insulting each other so much. Nothing wrong with Skipton....if all golf courses looked the same, wouldn't it be pretty boring?

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Skipton.....just up the road from me. Only played there once and I liked it....new holes since I played. Just keep wondering why people keep insulting each other so much. Nothing wrong with Skipton....if all golf courses looked the same, wouldn't it be pretty boring?

who insulting anyone?

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
My home course (Coventry) is 6590 par 73 and is rated 139, your 235 is incorrect, what course is it and I’ll tell you what it is.

My away course (Woodhall Spa) has a slope ratings of 149 (yellows) and 159 ( whites) on the Hotchkin, so I’d say you might have fat fingers and you meant to type 135?
Your right it should be 135..

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Very nice. Is that Skipton, as per your location?
It is Skipton yes, new holes and course layout less than two years old as environment agency built a dam on old 16th and 17th to stop town flooding. Built two new Par 4 and changed few holes.
where is your course? As two of us coming to Dunstanburgh in June hopefully for the two day open. Great event if you fancy it.

Mandofred

Visit site
who insulting anyone?
Don't know if you were just joking or not....but saying "Thats not a golf course, it’s an open field, you can miss the fairways 100yds left or right and still see the green ? " could very easily be taken as a dig at the course.....and then follow it up with pics of very tight courses that you play (and they DID look to be death if you can't hit straight). If you were joking.....my apologies.

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
When I look at this I don't think of how nice it looks I think of how hard it must be when the wind picks up. Am I right?
Usually played into or down wind over first few holes. Par 5 first hole uphill into wind is a good start. But in lower part course wind tends to swirl a lot Due to lots trees .. Good test of golf any day, with a tough finishing stretch, many a good card wrecked on last few holes