When do you think you will next play golf?

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Coz the boss says so, cant blame her and expect similar in RUK. Problem is the media hiking up public expectations and then there will be far more "not sure whys".

Why? Golf is far safer than a visit to the supermarket or a walk along any public path that is busier now than at any time in the past.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why? Golf is far safer than a visit to the supermarket or a walk along any public path that is busier now than at any time in the past.
Quite agree but the ho har when Golf is mentioned by those that will put it down to a rich mans sport and not fair and all the other misconceptions, will it be worth any government's hassle. Dont get me wrong, been in a week of zoom with our committee's and owners and we can seen no problem of getting back on the course.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
The club has warned about raised expectations. To be fair as long as the greens are true, if slow then that's fine for social golf and realise it'll take time to get the club up to full condition as and when we get more staff in to work

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Quite agree but the ho har when Golf is mentioned by those that will put it down to a rich mans sport and not fair and all the other misconceptions, will it be worth any government's hassle. Dont get me wrong, been in a week of zoom with our committee's and owners and we can seen no problem of getting back on the course.
The more policy is decided on optics rather than the actual chances of spreading the virus, the less notice people will take of it. Treat people like idiots and sooner or later they'll behave that way.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can only go on how our course looks and we have had two staff in all the lockdown. Having been chairman of the greens committee at my previous club for five years if the course isn’t looking in good condition now it really Ain’t going to do ever. No matter how many staff you have had, and as you say no rain so very little growth they have had six weeks or more to do all the jobs they can’t do this time of year usually as so many playing. It should take no more than two to three days to get the course, greens in particular cut to the correct height, but with no rain on forecast for two weeks here unless you have irrigation they won’t be lowering the height too much..

I reckon you’ve sussed it.....you only need two green keepers....mega cost saving there.....

I bet your last club are glad you left if you were something of greens....as has your the green keeper at your last place......

Show us a pic of your back lawn......

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
I reckon you’ve sussed it.....you only need two green keepers....mega cost saving there.....

I bet your last club are glad you left if you were something of greens....as has your the green keeper at your last place......

Show us a pic of your back lawn......

Actually we only have four and two have been working all the time.
As for your comment regards green keeper at last place. His words not mine. Best ever green chair he had ever worked with in 32 years.
As for my lawn, front, side and back of house its In very good condition as I learnt what it takes from my last green keeper to make a course work, instead of being an arm chair expert.
so I’m sorry if your course ain’t ready n will take weeks to be made ready. If that’s the case I would be asking what the staff been doing For last seven weeks with no members digging it up and leaving pitch marks everywhere.

SammmeBee

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Actually we only have four and two have been working all the time.
As for your comment regards green keeper at last place. His words not mine. Best ever green chair he had ever worked with in 32 years.
As for my lawn, front, side and back of house its In very good condition as I learnt what it takes from my last green keeper to make a course work, instead of being an arm chair expert.
so I’m sorry if your course ain’t ready n will take weeks to be made ready. If that’s the case I would be asking what the staff been doing For last seven weeks with no members digging it up and leaving pitch marks everywhere.

My course is fine - thanks - in fact very good. But I would guess what you think is good is......

Fish

Banned
Visit site

Thats not a golf course, it’s an open field, you can miss the fairways 100yds left or right and still see the green ?

I reckon I’d be off scratch playing there, no need for #YOTF and Homer would be off single figures ?

Do you get an extra 20 shots when you travel to play, if you do, places like this.....thank god for slope ranking eh ?

85AE5019-BC85-490F-87F7-A7DDF91555EE.jpeg
5C0CCE64-D54F-4847-B890-5721A4FDFB35.jpeg
0B839618-F3E3-45E0-9FF5-0D8C86B75E91.jpeg
17CAF84A-B21F-4571-81D7-B81CD9BF9197.jpeg
?

Last edited:

Wildboy370

skiptongolfclub.co.uk
Thats not a golf course, it’s an open field, you can miss the fairways 100yds left or right and still see the green ?

I reckon I’d be off scratch playing there, no need for #YOTF and Homer would be off single figures ?

Do you get an extra 20 shots when you travel to play, if you do, places like this.....thank god for slope ranking eh ?

View attachment 30534
View attachment 30535
View attachment 30536
View attachment 30537
?

HaHa, well your welcome to see how you get on. 6500yds par 72 off whites. You looking at two dog leg left then right Par 4 in pic. But do like look of your course. Not sure what our slope rating will be heard tale 235 but no idea if that right or what means as yet.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site