When do you think you will next play golf?

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our club just put out a notice that they've found fresh trolley marks, divots and pitch marks on the course. Our course in really hard to access from anywhere other than the front gate too.

D

Deleted member 15344

Our club just put out a notice that they've found fresh trolley marks, divots and pitch marks on the course. Our course in really hard to access from anywhere other than the front gate too.
I guess you are no longer at The Belfry

I have no doubt that there will be people out there sneaking onto golf courses

sunshine

Visit site

That's shocking!
Also, what golf course in England has been playable in the last 4 weeks anyway? Unless it's links or heathland everywhere has been waterlogged or under snow. Wherever I've been out for a walk has been a swamp.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
That's shocking!
Also, what golf course in England has been playable in the last 4 weeks anyway? Unless it's links or heathland everywhere has been waterlogged or under snow. Wherever I've been out for a walk has been a swamp.
Even such as ours - largely build on sand - is very, very wet and in a few places (the usual suspects) is waterlogged.

D

Deleted member 18588

Sadly our greens staff have made similar discoveries.

Situation not helped by club being effectively cut off by a drive which then passes under a railway embankment. Farmland surrounds most of the remainder.

Only overlooked on the 15th by approx 6 houses with extremely long gardens so offenders can't be spotted let alone identified.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's shocking!
I went for a walk around my course yesterday and was really surprised how dry it was.
Some parts are still wet but most of it was bone dry, it’s on sandstone.
Not surprisingly some people think the rules don’t apply to them.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Didn't get out this morning - unusually for here we had a covering of snow - had all gone by late morning but by then the courses were shut for the day - had a much needed very lazy day instead.

Just had a look at BRS for Sunday tee times not expecting to get anything but got a time just after 8am - hopefully weather is decent at the weekend.

Matty6

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've in "Monmouthshire" and play at Newport... (Gwent/Newport Met Borough etc) - we were able to play at either Monmouthshire GC, Rolls of Mon or Woodlake Park... so one of my PPs who in same are as me rotated round the three...worked well.

Wonder what Drakeford will say today? I suspect no golf/no changes for the next 3 weeks minimum.

My early guess was April, but maybe mid March is a possibility. Who knows what Dripford has up his sleeve!

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
That's shocking!

Mine would be very playable. The 1st and 18th can be waterlogged and in 30 minutes to an hour after the rain stops be perfectly playable!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
no idea course closed yesterday for snow and the 9 hole closed since friday due to ice, more snow forcast for the next week. first decent snow we have had in Inverness for years, nairn hasn't closed for snow in at least 5 years

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
My wife and I walked the full 18 the other day with the dogs. Was great being out there even if it was minus clubs!

She did a great job at feigning interest when I gave a run down of my highlights on each hole ?

We did the front 9 one week, back nine the next. She was delighted :LOL:

howbow88

Hacker
Visit site
no idea course closed yesterday for snow and the 9 hole closed since friday due to ice, more snow forcast for the next week. first decent snow we have had in Inverness for years, nairn hasn't closed for snow in at least 5 years
In the nicest possible way, it is somewhat funny that Scotland kept golf open but the courses keep closing due to weather :ROFLMAO: