When do you think you will next play golf?

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
So where does that leave a friend of mine who has a (hard) tennis court in his grounds/garden.

Is it suggested that he should not be allowed to make use of his own property?

Of course not... but having mates round to play would be different issue. Loopy-Larry was saying it was ok because no cash was changing hands.

Golf net in my garden... I havent asked my mates round to use it!

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
So where does that leave a friend of mine who has a (hard) tennis court in his grounds/garden.

I’d say most people would take the view that having a court in your back garden is slightly different to owning a commercial entity. Playing in your back garden is fine (with a member of your household), but I’d say you’re crossing the line popping down to the tennis club you own for a game with your mate.

With regards to the golf club, I’d draw the same conclusion. The course is operated as a business, so should be closed.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes he can play Tennis with his family who live there as it’s not a “tennis club” - that’s the same as hitting a ball against a garage wall . If you had three holes or indeed 18 holes in your back garden that wasn’t a golf club then you could hit a ball around it.

AliMc

Visit site
Yes he can play Tennis with his family who live there as it’s not a “tennis club” - that’s the same as hitting a ball against a garage wall . If you had three holes or indeed 18 holes in your back garden that wasn’t a golf club then you could hit a ball around it.
There was a house for sale in Edinburgh a few years ago with it's own 9 hole course, that would be cool !

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One of my my mates has his own 9 hole course and a practice range in his 'garden' I do have an open invitation which I have not taken up but I wonder how many of his regular swindle have?

I feel a bit cheeky phoning him up and asking when I have not taken up the invitation in the past.

Oh and nice house as well.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
Our place is on temp greens this weekend after a week of heavy rain on top of ground which is frozen underneath - weekend forecast is very good though so I might be lucky and get proper greens for my hit on Monday morning, if not it's a nice walk and a few swings of a club - better than sitting in the house.

AliMc

Visit site
Our place is on temp greens this weekend after a week of heavy rain on top of ground which is frozen underneath - weekend forecast is very good though so I might be lucky and get proper greens for my hit on Monday morning, if not it's a nice walk and a few swings of a club - better than sitting in the house.
We were on winter greens for one day after opening, full course yesterday, as you say forecast good for today and tomorrow, looking forward to my game at high noon tomorrow

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
was supposed to play Hickory around the Cameron yesterday, but course closed due to Ice, glad i got my two games allowed in earier in the week, though its a lovely sunny day here now.

wouldn't have got out in the snow here in Inverness on my bike if i'd been playing golf

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
75 of us played in shotgun start today with lunch and drinks etc, handshakes and hugs all round
No lockdown here, no social distancing no covid in the community... One of the safest covid counties on the planet....... But we can't fly to UK without 2 weeks (paid) quarantine in case someone 2000 miles away in SA (so wouldn't be permitted to travel here anyway) tries to stop here on their way to UK! ?

Just 31 points, the course was set up tough for me
I'll try again tomorrow

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
75 of us played in shotgun start today with lunch and drinks etc, handshakes and hugs all round
No lockdown here, no social distancing no covid in the community... One of the safest covid counties on the planet....... But we can't fly to UK without 2 weeks (paid) quarantine in case someone 2000 miles away in SA (so wouldn't be permitted to travel here anyway) tries to stop here on their way to UK! ?

Just 31 points, the course was set up tough for me
I'll try again tomorrow

Where is that?
TBH, I will be happy to not shake hands again, certainly won't be hugging anyone, not that I ever have.

Perhaps if UK had been more sensible throughout we wouldn't have been in the state we are in now!

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Where is that?
TBH, I will be happy to not shake hands again, certainly won't be hugging anyone, not that I ever have.

Perhaps if UK had been more sensible throughout we wouldn't have been in the state we are in now!
Somewhere in the middle of the Indian ocean......Mauritius

Crumplezone

Visit site
One of my my mates has his own 9 hole course and a practice range in his 'garden' I do have an open invitation which I have not taken up but I wonder how many of his regular swindle have?

I feel a bit cheeky phoning him up and asking when I have not taken up the invitation in the past.

Oh and nice house as well.

You aren't allowed to visit anyone on any part of their property, so it would be forbidden by the rules anyway.