When do you think you will next play golf?

AliMc

Visit site
Not at all, I just recognise a wind up.
This is true, not a wind up - during the first lockdown a club near where I live, private members club on owners farmland miles from civilisation kept playing, one guy I know told me he was playing the first when a police car drew up and asked why he was playing, he said that they better speak to the owner, they did and left soon afterwards taking no action, can only assume he told them it was his land and he could do as he wanted, not saying it's right that he did but several people told me they were still playing.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
And when called on it, the wind up merchant is rather vague and evasive and changes the subject.
It's got all the classic signs.

You obviously know that none of us can play golf in England and Wales, so the surprise that you didn't know about that is completely fake, and frankly the wind up isn't even funny like it might have been maybe in April last year when it was all new.

What am I being vague about? I'm certainly not going to tell you what course it is, that's for sure.

I'll message my mate later and see if he fancies hiring my company in some sort of consulting role so I have real right to be there. :p:p

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That'll be the club that was taking 4 balls and societies when other clubs were still on 2 balls and 10 minute gaps.

TBH, that didn't bother me.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
What am I being vague about? I'm certainly not going to tell you what course it is, that's for sure.

I'll message my mate later and see if he fancies hiring my company in some sort of consulting role so I have real right to be there. :p:p

Interesting debate brewing... and even if he is looking for attention im going to bite...

Hypothetically speaking -

If I was mates with a bloke who owned a golf course on private land with no access to civilians (just in case of any wide flying balls), and he offered me to go out there and play by myself, I'd go...

I dont think many would honestly say no, especially knowing you really are out there alone?

Mandofred

Visit site
Interesting debate brewing... and even if he is looking for attention im going to bite...

If I was mates with a bloke who owned a golf course on private land with no access to civilians (just in case of any wide flying balls), and he offered me to go out there and play by myself, I'd go...

I dont think many would honestly say no, especially knowing you really are out there alone?
I'd be all over it.......in this circumstance....

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site

if it were in someones back Garden, i'm sure you could

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Back to my point on a different thread. There is always someone who thinks the rules don't apply, or looks to bend them, stretch a little bit. May be some wriggle room.
It's a bit sad really, as this is why we are in the situation we are in. Every one thinks they are the exception. It's not doing any harm. I'm alright jack.
It's quite depressing.

Mandofred

Visit site
Back to my point on a different thread. There is always someone who thinks the rules don't apply, or looks to bend them, stretch a little bit. May be some wriggle room.
It's a bit sad really, as this is why we are in the situation we are in. Every one thinks they are the exception. It's not doing any harm. I'm alright jack.
It's quite depressing.
This applies.....to almost everybody.....

Mandofred

Visit site
Yeah on private land is fair enough, but you wouldn't go online pretending you had no idea about the current laws, and frankly flaunting it in front of hundreds of readers who are currently prevented from playing.
I agree.....just asking for attention. If I were doing the same thing you would not know about it.

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
Yeah on private land is fair enough, but you wouldn't go online pretending you had no idea about the current laws, and frankly flaunting it in front of hundreds of readers who are currently prevented from playing.

It is private land, he owns all of it and the club is shut. I'm not a member and if you called the Police what is it you think they would do? I'm not breaking any laws despite what you think.

I'd say most on here would do the same if they had the opportunity.

D

Deleted member 18588

So where does that leave a friend of mine who has a (hard) tennis court in his grounds/garden.

Is it suggested that he should not be allowed to make use of his own property?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yeah on private land is fair enough,
But is it?
Many clubs are on Private land because the clubs own the land.
My club owns the land the course is on. But its closed because the law says so.
Unless you have a hole or 2, literally, in your back garden, as far as I'm concerned, you're breaking the rules designed to keep us safe ( notwithstanding the general safety of golf)
As Murph says, people are looking for loopholes instead of reading the words.