When did you last play?

Crow

Crow Person
Visit site
I’m up in the northwest these days but do travel down your way when I’m visiting family. I’ve played Kilworth Springs in winter and it generally holds up pretty well from memory - how’s it coping with all this rain?

Very similar to what you describe, front nine is okay, back nine is bad, especially 10, 11, 13 and 15, really churned up in places.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A proper game on my home course was October.

played on Christmas Day elsewhere though and off to Dunstanburgh tomorrow.
I had a look at booking one day there but the earliest time I could ever get was about 1.30pm. Not sure how many holes we'd manage before it went dark but it wasn't enough to justify the green fee. Enjoy tomorrow, hopefully the weather will be kind for you.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
I had a look at booking one day there but the earliest time I could ever get was about 1.30pm. Not sure how many holes we'd manage before it went dark but it wasn't enough to justify the green fee. Enjoy tomorrow, hopefully the weather will be kind for you.
Yeah it actually looks a good day. This is a postponed game for us and we had to book 3 weeks in advance to get a morning time. Last time it was closed due to snow and there a remote risk for tomorrow but think we’ll call on the way up.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Last Saturday. Would have been able to play today if I’d been at home rather than 200miles away 🙄. Course is mostly open as normal. Three holes affected by some flooding or saturated ground so have been shortened - but still playable.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We played today. Our first group managed to get in 11 holes 2nd and 3rd groups 10.
The rain was coming in near horizontally.
If the course is not closed we often have buggy bans so no golf for me on those days.

Our 9 hole course has been closed more days this winter than it has been open.

arnieboy

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Played 18 holes yesterday on main greens. All our bunkers are GUR as the greenstaff have been busy remodelling bunkers on three holes.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Start of December. Tweaked my knee to the point it had too much fluid build up. But I think there maybe more to it as it’s a bit painful on the inside front. I have not been so bothered as I was waiting for some weights and grips plus it’s been horrendous weather.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
This afternoon. The course has been closed since Tuesday, but they managed to open 10 holes this morning. As one of the last groups out we were able to go around twice and got 17 holes in before it got too dark.

I would imagine that those that went out this morning found the course in pretty good condition, unfortunately it started to rain just before we went out and the course slowly deteriorated as we played. I'm pretty sure that it will be closed again tomorrow.

One thing that is readily apparent is that as with other courses they can't get machinery out to cut any grass, so there is no definition between semi rough and fairway, but because we mandate the use of mats neither the length nor the damp are an issue, we have a perfect lie every time.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
29th December last year. My birtrhday. 9 holes followed by ham, egg and chips :)

Can't say I've missed it or had the desire to play - right now tennis has become my obsession and loving the similarity with learning and practicing and playing hard.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Played yesterday at Gleneagles on The Kings, couldn't believe how good the course was for this time of year, greens were fantastic. Fingers crossed it will be open tomorrow after all the snow today 🤞

upsidedown

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yesterday , 15 holes as we normally do in the roll up, 4BBB and we came in with 37 points to take the loot 😃.
Might sneak another 9 in tomorrow afternoon which will be 183 days when I have played in 23, 26 down on 22 😪