What's your worst purchase?

D

Deleted member 15344

I just thought the welded on forged face made it feel dull and clunkym the sound was terrible. The MCs maybe a bit different as I think they were of a differing construction.
I went back to my, then, MP52s and it was night and day.
The hit was quite severe, a lot more so than the wife was ever told, but as I say, I dodnt regret it to see them go.

Half the battle is the confidence we have with the irons in our hands - if you don't like them then they won't work for you

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Half the battle is the confidence we have with the irons in our hands - if you don't like them then they won't work for you

That is the truth of the matter. I take a weekly slagging for the bright pink shaft I have in my driver (never heard the innuendo jokes before) but I have confidence it will go down the middle each time. The best, most technologically advanced manly blue shaft might look good but no confidence, no workey.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Mine broke too when I had one and Swinbyte sent me 3 spare redesigned ones. I never broke one again.

Did I sell you that Swingbyte 2 though? :eek:

I've already had several sets of spares. Unfortunately I purchased it from a company in the US. To be fair to them they have been extremely good, great technology behind the product, not so good engineering. They seem to have not used premium materials to make the bits that hold it onto your club and I suspect saved a bit of money by using cheap materials such as the quality of the rubber strap, which is a bit of a flaw in the product.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Loads of driver :eek:

A Nike method branding iron.

Adidas shoes that have either given me blisters or fallen apart or both.

Oh yes, another vote for Adidas Adicross shoes. Looked pretty cool, but they were never comfortable and kept giving me blisters. Swapped to Eccos and have never looked back.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
As a kid my dad bought me a Dragon 32K computer. 2 months later the company went bust.

A couple of years ago Mrs Colch bought me a Shotmiser Golf GPS. 6 months later they went bust.

I've now had a Garmin G6 GPS for a few months so expect a profit warning to be issued by Garmin any day now.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
SLDR driver, awful. Talking to someone last night who paid £100 for a new un and was ravin about it. Oh well, one mans tat is another mans treasure.

oh ah Adidas adizero. Like walking on carpet grippers.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A set of TM MC/MB combo's, after a fitting. The MC half of the set went fine, but the MB's didn't work for me. As a result the distance gap between MC and MB was huge! Bought in the May, and relegated to the garage by the Sept.

D

Deleted member 15344

A set of TM MC/MB combo's, after a fitting. The MC half of the set went fine, but the MB's didn't work for me. As a result the distance gap between MC and MB was huge! Bought in the May, and relegated to the garage by the Sept.

Did you sell them in the end mate ?

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ecco Biom Hybrid shoes - really uncomfortable for me

Callaway X Hot Pro driver - went miles. Into the cabbage. Both sides.

Any one of the 150 hybrids I've tried!! Have now given up :thup:

D

Deleted member 15344

Moved 'em on a few years back Phil, at a few hundred quid loss....

It's always a combo that I have been tempted to try but always worried about potential gapping issues

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
i15 irons.
The local fitter must have had a bad night or I was swinging like someone else as the fit was way, way off when I came to the course.
3 rounds of the worst golf I'd played since beginning and the confidence was shot.
I could have had them altered but I couldn't even look at them.
Fortunately, sold them on for what I paid as I'd got a decent discount on them.

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
But after one round ?! Is 18 holes enough to judge a set of irons

I bought a set of Wilson CGI1200's el cheapo and they didn't even get past the practice ground before I retrieved my old clubs from the bin, sometimes somethin just don't feel right from the start !...:thup:

LanDog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At the moment I'm thinking it a pair of Mizuno MP Leather shoes, think they look great, feel good as I walk to first tee but from then on its blisters. Have taken them to a shoe repair guy so hopefully he'll have fixed them up somehow.

Other than that, I hated the Callaway Razr Hawk 3 wood, an old teaching pro had one and I liked it a lot, bought another a couple of years ago and I couldn't hit it from the fairway

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Worst Purchase:

Bought a bag of 30 used golf balls for approx £6 off a bloke in the trees beside the 6th hole about 4 months back, haven't used any yet and doubt I will, not a good 'un in it and I'm sure he nicked my own ball out the rough on the previous hole!

You live and learn

KhalJimbo

Head Pro
Visit site
Worst Purchase (my fault though):

My FootJoy M Projects. Mainly because I bought them slightly too big. I am a 9, but I bought a 9.5 thinking that the extra room will be more comfortable, felt nice when I walked around the pro shop but now they absolutely kill my feet, and I can only think it's because they are slightly too big.

I am now eying up some more trainer style shoes and looking at the Oakley Carbon Pro's or the FootJoy HyperFlex as my next shoes.

drew83

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
That is the truth of the matter. I take a weekly slagging for the bright pink shaft I have in my driver (never heard the innuendo jokes before) but I have confidence it will go down the middle each time. The best, most technologically advanced manly blue shaft might look good but no confidence, no workey.

In a similar vein, when I retrieved my Wilson Fluid Feel putter of my mate, the grip was in a really poor state. I wanted a "small" grip to replace it. Didn't like the feel of most the pro had.

After explaining I wanted a slimmer grip he pulls out the Feeltec Hawaiian grip. Instantly fell in love with it. Got it fitted, got to the first green, out comes the putter & the onslaught of abuse begun. Drained the next 3 holes from outside 7 ft. Never done it before. the abuse soon stopped!! As soon as it is in my hand I know I'm gonna putt like a demon!!

For those that don't know the grip....

Putter grip.jpg

I have the blue one! Best bit is, the pro was so busy laughing when I said I wanted it, he said I could have it for £5 & fitted it for me!