What's your worst purchase?

ruff-driver

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Worst decision i made was taking a punt on some high end irons,
stunning bit of kit but not suitable for me unfortunately,

May as well have an envelope full of cash sat in the cupboard as i'm struggling to sell them being a niche market for such clubs :mad:

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Worst decision i made was taking a punt on some high end irons,
stunning bit of kit but not suitable for me unfortunately,

May as well have an envelope full of cash sat in the cupboard as i'm struggling to sell them being a niche market for such clubs :mad:

What are they?

rickg

Money List Winner
Visit site
A 4 ball voucher for Lee Park at last years HFH auction.......:whistle:

If I hadn't bought it, I would have never seen the inside of Liverpools finest OAP pulling venue, Smoking Mo's :eek: :rofl:

D

Deleted member 16999

Pair of Ecco shoes, worn twice, bad blisters! Gave them away!

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
SLDR Hybrid. Hate it. Hate the feel, hate the noise, even the headcover sucks. Should have bought a 5 wood instead.

Feelin your pain buddy, I made the very same mistake.

game golf is mine though. Haven't got the patience,

oh an a garmin g6 I've had less than a month is up for sale too. Watches are so much easier

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Was your mistake with the SLDR hybrid as well? If so, that makes 3 of us. Weird. Thought it was just me that hated that thing. Need to try and get rid.

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep, 4 hybrid 22 degrees I think. Never felt a heavier club in my life! bought it in the sale for £90 sold last week for £65. I thought I'd get more but so glad it's gone

Face breaker

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Tour Edge Bazooka HT Max-D/46" shaft/10.5*/1* closed, nice driver but no good for someone who's already got a slight hook !...:smirk:

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
Titliest 915 D3 7.5 driver great at the fitting but couldn't keep it in Fife when playing sold and bought an SLDR 12degree much better

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Many poor purchases but none moreso than a set of Taylormade TP CB irons. Just crap, so bad. Sold them at a whacking loss after 1 round. Didnt even regret the loss they were so bad.

D

Deleted member 15344

Many poor purchases but none moreso than a set of Taylormade TP CB irons. Just crap, so bad. Sold them at a whacking loss after 1 round. Didnt even regret the loss they were so bad.

Sold a set of irons after one round ?! Blimey

Slicer30

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Before I took up the game I bought a Wilson deep red driver with a senior flex shaft for £100 from the 2nd hand bin in AG in Warrington. Guys must have been wetting themselves when I bought it as I clearly didn't have a clue!

Since I have started my worst purchase is a pair of vokey wedges that I barely used and bought on a whim... £200 down the swanney!

Ha - my worst was my first ebay club purchase. A wilson deep red fatshaft hybrid. Ugly club, terrible sound and couldnt get it airborne. Think the shaft had been shortened as well.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yep. Terrible irons. Bought on a whim. Sometimes you get them right, sonetimes you get them wrong. That was one I got wrong.

But after one round ?! Is 18 holes enough to judge a set of irons

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Any non TM putter. Bought many but only TM ones work for me.

Also the Burner released about 2006, the first since they went back to using the name. That extra long shaft did nothing for a slicing beginner. Probably paid the cost again inlost balls

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes. They felt and sounded terrible. For me it was more than enough.

Had the same feeling with the TPMC after the first round - nearly four years later after getting used to them I haven't managed to find anything that improves the ball strike I get with them.

Never seen someone get rid of a set of one round - that must have been a big hit in the wallet

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Had the same feeling with the TPMC after the first round - nearly four years later after getting used to them I haven't managed to find anything that improves the ball strike I get with them.

Never seen someone get rid of a set of one round - that must have been a big hit in the wallet

I just thought the welded on forged face made it feel dull and clunkym the sound was terrible. The MCs maybe a bit different as I think they were of a differing construction.
I went back to my, then, MP52s and it was night and day.
The hit was quite severe, a lot more so than the wife was ever told, but as I say, I dodnt regret it to see them go.