What's your worst purchase?

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Beginning to think it's my Swingbyte 2. It's great when it works but I'm on my second full unit and have had to replace the strap that keeps it on the club 5 times now. And guess what, it snapped again the other day at the driving range. I'll also add some golf balls I bought in Vegas once that were painted as a basket ball, football etc etc. Nearly gave me hand arm vibration syndrome when I hit one.

As for clubs then I can't get on with Nike Covert Drivers/woods and have gone back to 6 year old Mizuno's, but I will admit some of that may be me and not necessarily the clubs.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
Beginning to think it's my Swingbyte 2. It's great when it works but I'm on my second full unit and have had to replace the strap that keeps it on the club 5 times now. And guess what, it snapped again the other day at the driving range. I'll also add some golf balls I bought in Vegas once that were painted as a basket ball, football etc etc. Nearly gave me hand arm vibration syndrome when I hit one.

As for clubs then I can't get on with Nike Covert Drivers/woods and have gone back to 6 year old Mizuno's, but I will admit some of that may be me and not necessarily the clubs.

Mine broke too when I had one and Swinbyte sent me 3 spare redesigned ones. I never broke one again.

Did I sell you that Swingbyte 2 though? :eek:

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Toss up between several of the many putters that I purchased and moved on in a hurry (or even the one that didn't arrive and couldn't get my money back!) or the re-shaft of my Miura CB201s with PX5.5. Certainly an improvement over the S300s that felt dead in them, but not really suited for my swing and Monday mornings were pretty painful after 3 rounds with them on links turf!

Current 'glitch' (still sitting in a corner out of use) is the 'R' flex RUL 60 shaft I purchased when I should have (and could have) bought an 'S'!

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Now that you mention putters, that GEL putter I bought might be going in the bin. Horrible thing to use.

RollinThunder

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I admit that I'm a bit of a compulsive buyer with all of my hobbies. Although I do often sell them on for more than I pay :D

Titleist Reverse Cart Bag: I didn't even have a trolly, I just liked the look of it. Sold it on eBay for more than I paid for it.

Motocaddy S1 Push Trolly: I realised I couldn't fit my bag and the trolley in the boot of my car, without taking the seats down. Traded it to a mechanic in return for some repairs.

Yes! Long Putter: It was £25 from DG, but everything about it was tacky and ugly.

Now I've got my eye on the new Srixon Z stand bag, and an old tour bag to put my surplus clubs in and stand in my man cave :D

Paul_Stewart

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Some of the books I've bought ..
"Short cuts round Kent and the M20" by Chrisd
"How to play Lydd" by Smiffy
"My best commentaries of the last 20 years" by Peter Alliss

On a real note, a cheap trolley from Argos. It almost made it round the front nine. Wouldn't have minded too much but the course was one of those where the 9th was about ten miles from the clubhouse.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Probably a metal-X Odyssey putter. I bought it as I liked the black finish but I could not manage distance control at all. Much better off with a standard white hot style insert.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Titleist 910 d3 driver, with regular shaft. Went fine on a range only 220 yards long as was holding back a lot. Like a piece of spaghetti when I was on the course!

Paid £90 for a stiff shaft and out worked okay, but not nearly forgiving enough for my dodgy swing.

Total outlay £340. Currently recouped £75 from the driver, now just need to sell the regular shaft...

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
Worst purchase EVER?

A driver shaft that was like scaffolding. Couldn't get the ball more than 2ft off the ground with my puny swing speed.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
K15 Driver, 3w and hybrid, absolute nightmare clubs :mad:

Bought from a Pro new when I first started playing and just couldn't hit them, changed to a 13* 3w for neigh on 30mths afterwards until I entered the driver market again thanks to Jimbo and not looked back since.

D

Deleted member 15344

Foot joy Dryjoy tour shoes
Foot joy try joy casual shoes

TaylorMade R9 irons but only because I got them off the shelf

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
3 quid Dunlop umbrella. First time I put it up I got the green and tried to push the spike into the ground and the shaft bent ruining it.

Lesson learnt. Don't damage the turf.