Whats your temperament like?

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'm a swearer, over and done with very quickly. Followed by club being placed in the bag with a little more force the necessary......another chip in the forged irons, oh for some iron head covers!!!

Each dink has its own tale of woe. :rofl:

D

Deleted member 1147

I get annoyed just after the shot and then move on. So I'd say it's pretty good.
My mental issues with golf are that I've become very negative. I think I already expect the worse, which is possibly why I don't tend to over react to bad shots/breaks.

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
That's pretty rare from my experience, and a good way to have it too - i know several quietly spoken types who turn into the Hulk with a club in their hand :D

I think its just experience, I have done some pretty dumb things on my way to some personal bests.... I remember kicking my own butt on the 4th once as my brother was owning me and ended up shooting 78 so like to keep my powder dry.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It often seems like I have tourettes on the golf course lol, cant remember a round going by where I dont swear at myself multiple times. Best way for me to deal with it and get it out the system so that I dont continue thinking about the bad shot (too often!), 5 seconds after its gone and I can move on

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's getting better! I used to be really bad, but now I am learning to just keep going. I was +8 gross yesterday after 5 holes, and could have easily just gone to pot...however, I steadied the ship and got it round in an OK number. A couple of years back, I would have just made a cricket score

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
It's usually just disappointment in myself that makes me react to a poor shot, to others it appears that I just call myself an idiot after a duffed chip or react with a bit of surprise when a drive goes wayward, inside though I'm secretly dying!

Paul77

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My playing partner is quite difficult to play alongside once he hits a 10 yard duffer. Spends about 3 holes still mulling over that shot. Tried to tell him about the line of no return, but it's lost on him. I take great offense to him thumping his driver on the tee box after a duff drive.

Tee box manicured for years and years, and clowns think that they can just disrespect them because they are having a bad day. Needless to say I tend to play on my own these days.

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
I learnt swearing from fellow forumers, I'm getting pretty good at it now :D

Quite happy not to swear and rarely lose my rag, do go a bit quiet if I'm playing total tripe :angry:

Foliage Finder

Head Pro
Visit site
My temperament has improved a lot over the short time I've been playing. I tend to be quite introverted anyway, and I'm my own worst enemy. Tend to overthink things. However, it's just got through to me recently that there are 18 holes in a round of golf, and one bad shot on one hole isn't the end of the world. Hence, I'm much easier on myself, laugh it off and just think back to basics for the next shot. More often than not it's just about relaxing and trying to swing smooth, not hard, and remembering I've got time to make up for it with a better follow-up shot/hole.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
I'm pretty level headed, certainly not a club chucker. I assume if I play the first hole or two badly then that's the round finished which of course it isn't, but that thought sometimes helps as I relax, and try to enjoy the walk, and it can have a positive impact on my swing.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
My temperament is probably my biggest strength when playing. I of course can get annoyed/frustrated with poor play etc. but very VERY rarely do I ever let a bad shot/hole affect how I approach the next shot. The next shot is all that counts as everything else has already gone and I can't do anything about it, all I can do is try and play the next shot as well as I can.

DaveM

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm totally laid back. Horizontal some would say. Why worry the next shot is going to be the best you've ever hit. I play for enjoyment. If I was beating myself up like a lot of you guys, I would find something else to do. Life's to short, chill out and smell the roses.

londonlewis

Tour Rookie
www.golfdrawer.com
My temperament is usually pretty good on the golf course. I am not one for spitting, club throwing or slamming my club into the ground.

If things get tough and I am not playing well, my shoulders tend to slump a little.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I can be either way, but it doesn't seem to be the golf that causes it.

Some days every tiny little thing will wind me up even if I'm playing quite well.
Other days I can be hacking it round with the worst of them and I'm as calm as you like.

Weirdo!

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
I love a good swear, but its always with a smile. If i didnt laugh at my bad shots, i would cry. So yes, let an an angry C Bomb from time to time, but with a smile and all negativity is always aimed to myself, never bad bounces etc.

Fyldewhite

Tour Winner
www.blackpoolparkgc.co.uk
Mostly not too bad. I accept bad shots no problem really.....let's face it that just saves energy as it's gonna happen regularly!! Seriously though the "golf is not a game of perfect" mantra is really true and recovery shots are a massive part of the game (and one of the most rewarding). I get really mad with myself if it's a poor decision that ends up costing me as that's nothing to do with golfing ability, just common sense half the time. Like others, I also have been known to utter a selection of words not printable here quite often but usually have it out of my system within 10 seconds or so and start thinking of the next shot.

Retread61

Assistant Pro
www.nutriment.co
I have to admit I was a club chucker. Then I got taken to one side by a friend who pointed out what a tool I was being. Also that as a single figure golfer and a committee man that if I did it then others would feel it was ok. Sometimes it takes being pulled up short to realise when you are being an idiot.

Best comment from someone witnessing a petulant chuck , after I had hurled a club into long Grass was " you might want to throw a provisional Im not sure you will find that!"

I am such a happier golfer and person now for getting over myself!!

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Much better than it used to be. I used to swish wildly with my club having hit a poor shot - never at anything though as didn't want to break it. End result was I slipped a rib on munerous occasions! Then resorted to kicking my trolley wheels but did hurt a toe from time to time. Can't think when I last did that but can swear when I feel really hard done by and think I shocked my pp last week when I shouted an obscenity at the ball as it just rolled from being perfect to a downhill tricky lie.

The best compliment anyone can pay me regarding my golf is how much they enjoy playing with me - I know that won't always have been the case.