What's your SG putting?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I realise this was just clever spam but anyway.. I thought strokes gained was vs the field so how would I work it out without knowing what everyone else in my club comp has done that day? Or at our level is it just against what is typical for your handicap??

Teebs

Visit site
I realise this was just clever spam but anyway.. I thought strokes gained was vs the field so how would I work it out without knowing what everyone else in my club comp has done that day? Or at our level is it just against what is typical for your handicap??

Typical for handicap I believe. If you use Shotscope, it gives you it for tour players up to 25 handicap.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
What is SG?
I use Golf Stat Lab. Those guys are the best and their app is like super easy to use. Since I started using it I have shaved several strokes off my handicap and it gives me all the information about my game to analyse it and see my Stroke Gained like the pros do and you hear on television. With golfstatlab you will have a whole new dimension to your golf, enjoy it more, achieve your potential in the game. I recommend it to all my friends and they say it is great too. They have some really attractive options to try it before you sign up, but I guarantee that once you try it, you will make it part of your golf improvement programme for the long term.

D

Deleted member 1147

It’s only possible to do against the average player with your handicap, based on a large selection of players.
It’s not specific to you and your course/competition.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I use Golf Stat Lab. Those guys are the best and their app is like super easy to use. Since I started using it I have shaved several strokes off my handicap and it gives me all the information about my game to analyse it and see my Stroke Gained like the pros do and you hear on television. With golfstatlab you will have a whole new dimension to your golf, enjoy it more, achieve your potential in the game. I recommend it to all my friends and they say it is great too. They have some really attractive options to try it before you sign up, but I guarantee that once you try it, you will make it part of your golf improvement programme for the long term.

I have played for long enough to not need an app for self analysis of what went right and what went wrong with any round. I can generally go back through a round in my head to work out where I went wrong in a particular round (if it bothers me).

I know most of my problems these days are simply that I do not put the ball close enough to the hole or even on the green as well as I used to which is largely down to losing about 40 yards off my iron length but that is age for you.

Steve Wilkes

Visit site
Over the the last 20 rounds I averaged -3.1 SG putting and my handicap is 6.8.

Just curious to see how that compares to everyone else.

My handicap is 4.8 and I've averaged -1.21 against scratch over the last 6 years I've been keeping track of putts, which is around the standard of 6 handicap, -2.0 is around 10 handicap, and -3.0 is around 16 handicap, So I would say putting is not the strongest part of your game

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just entered all my stats in the OP's tool, from my last round, from memory - was hard to recall exactly how many feet away I was, but I made my best guess at them.

30 Stokes​

26.39 Expected Exp​

-1.61 Strokes Gained SG​

Is that good? I felt I putted well on the day, had quite a few one-putts but two three-putts (one of which the first putt was from a good 20+ feet).