Votes: 9 12.3%
  • App or card as preferred by player

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Just saw a comment (by KenL I think) that his club is still scoring via the App. I'm a member at 2 clubs and both have gone fully to paper scorecard again, with entry into clubhouse computer thereafter. What's the state of play at your club?

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
We input scores on the app or at one of 2 terminals, cards in a box for checking

Seems to work well, cuts out one heck of a lot of number crunching for someone at the office especially after a big comp

benjo09

Visit site
Score on a scorecard during the round then input scores on IG on the app or computer. If using the app you can drop your card in the box or take a picture of it on the app, if you use the computer then you have to put your card in the box. Still have 5-10 DQs each comp due to scores being input but no card submitted.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
We must submit a scorecard and input the score either via the IG App or one of two terminals. I am more than happy to continue with this method for competition, though for GP scores submitted for handicap would not be against losing the scorecard.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I'm not actually sure.. last comp I entered I just filled out a card, posted in the box and entered score on the computer terminal like normal. I don't know if they give the option of not doing cards, as I didn't ask.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
We started using a computer terminal back in March for score entry with players still submitting a card to the box for checking. Slowly the entry errors in each comp are going down - mainly folks are getting confused between NR'ing a hole and not starting a hole.

I checked a comp a few weeks ago and found that several players entered "not played" for the first hole instead of an NR.

Hopefully soon we will just get to a stage where we can just check the top half a dozen scores rather than the entire field.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We must submit a scorecard and input the score either via the IG App or one of two terminals. I am more than happy to continue with this method for competition, though for GP scores submitted for handicap would not be against losing the scorecard.
Same here...I hear, on reasonable authority, that the majority of GP cards are not looked at..simply because we get somewhere in the region of 500 a week on top of competition cards and there's just not enough hours in the day...

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
For comps we have used a PSI terminal for years and have always been required to return the card as well.

Quite a few use the IG app now but still must return the card.

When it comes to General Play cards the advice we were given by County was to just random check a few and not bother with everyone.

If the EG app is used for General Play cards players are not required to return the card.

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I believe we just use the PSI in the spike bar and then throw the cards away.

wjemather

Visit site
I believe we just use the PSI in the spike bar and then throw the cards away.
PSI or HDID. Thankfully we’ve not gone back to requiring cards.
If entered via PSI, how are your scores certified and verified as such by the committee without a physical scorecard?

Note: no PSI (that I know of) meets the requirements of an electronic scorecard with regard to certification and recording scores after each hole, so they cannot be used on their own for competitions (assuming the rules of golf are being followed).

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
If entered via PSI, how are your scores certified and verified as such by the committee without a physical scorecard?

Note: no PSI (that I know of) meets the requirements of an electronic scorecard with regard to certification and recording scores after each hole, so they cannot be used on their own for competitions (assuming the rules of golf are being followed).

No idea. And I don’t particularly care

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
No idea. And I don’t particularly care
Me too. I don't know and I just take it for granted. Maybe we do, I'm not sure, as I've not played in a comp for months. First one next month, so will know more then.
We don't have a committee as we're a proprietary owned club, and the proshop used to do the cards.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
Me too. I don't know and I just take it for granted. Maybe we do, I'm not sure, as I've not played in a comp for months. First one next month, so will know more then.
We don't have a committee as we're a proprietary owned club, and the proshop used to do the cards.
Are you sure you don't have a committee. As I understand it a handicap committee is mandatory for all clubs operating WHS.