What's the lowest handicapper that you've played with?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
This week I played with Charlotte Heath who's the 35th best amateur in the world and who was runner-in the European Amateur last month. She plays off +6 (PLUS SIX if you're reading this on a vidiprinter) which is ridiculous. Carried it 230 yards, missed one fairway, hit the green with 4/4 fairway woods and no side to her at all. Probably the most refreshing thing that I've seen in golf for years.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only scratch or 1-ish as far as I can recall. Best golfer at my club is +1.5 or so, but I've not played a round with him yet.

On a sidenote, didn't they change it so it's actually minus and not plus for the better than scratch people? So this guy is actually -1.5. ??‍♂️

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
Only scratch or 1-ish as far as I can recall. Best golfer at my club is +1.5 or so, but I've not played a round with him yet.

On a sidenote, didn't they change it so it's actually minus and not plus for the better than scratch people? So this guy is actually -1.5. ??‍♂️
+ indicates better than scratch.

D-S

Visit site
Plus 4, I got 9 shots in a ’Mail on Sunday’ match against another club. Didn’t know what to do with them all!

Visit site
DF30B458-8478-46B1-B0E8-0DA726DC7D19.jpeg

This is all the + handicaps at our club. I have played with the +3.2, and he was the first golfer I have ever properly “watched”. I noticed how he hit the ball, how good his swing was, and it was different to anyone I had ever seen before. Normally I don’t pay much attention to someone’s swing… He was different gravy.

I told him after 6 holes that his swing is reminiscent of Jon Rahm. He was incredibly humble, and shot the “worst” -1 I’ve ever seen. It could have been 62, but he didn’t hole a thing all day.

I was told afterwards, whilst singing his praises in the bar, that he played on multiple tours at a younger age and had been based at Burnham & Berrow. You have to be a serious golfer to take that course on every week ? He never even mentioned any of it, whilst I was sucking up to him all round.

The ball was so driven, low flighted, but just carried forever… And he never had more than about 3 yards of draw/fade, just awesome to watch, also it looked effortless.

I think the top 2 handicaps are new members, ex pros, but not based upon more than a few scores on IG. So not a true reflection.

Our club champion/most successful player is actually +2.5 atm, but under the congu system was at +4 which I think is mightily impressive.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
+3

It must have been over 25 years ago. Chap has been County Champion several times. First team match off scratch. I was off 4 at the time.
I won the first hole with a par. Chap dropped no more shots and got 4 birdies and an eagle and beat me 7&6.
I did not play too badly for me. Fairly sure I played well. Three over for twelve, maybe.
My biggest defeat in a first team match.
I remember it very well. He won't remember it at all.

Last edited:
Reactions: sjw

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Played with a plus1 in a medal who was very impressive.
Best golfer I've played with was when I was on holiday in NZ many years ago and had taken my clubs and had a round with my wife. An Aussie asked if he could join us, turned out he was a tournament pro on the Asian tour, hit the ball a mile and a nice bloke.