What's the lowest under handicap you've ever played?

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
-6 gross playing off six. Not a qualifier unfortunately but it was still 48 points.

Played in a society event once at Pine Ridge when 40 pts got you 11th out of 50. The runner-up on 47 had the balls to call the winner a bandit.

D

Deleted member 18588

Like Val, I was off 18 and shot gross 79 in a medal. Par 71, SSS 70.

Sadly I can only dream of such scores nowadays.

selwood90

Head Pro
Visit site
That's some doing! On the back 9 were you hitting greens in reg or a lot of 1 putts?

Holed a fair few big putts. Made all 3 par 5 greens in 3 to the green and sweated over plenty of 2 putts. Was one to remember. Shame I'm now averaging 2.3 putts per hole and finishing anywhere from 19 to 22 over. But that's golf for you ey!

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
Struggled with my swing 5/6 years ago and went from 10 up to 12, got going again after the winter and shot 70gross off 12 for a nett 58, 50 points, got a bit good bantered stick for that, lowest score to date, still.

D

Deleted member 21258

Last year in a pairs BB, I chipped in twice, had a putt drop from 30 foot, and chipped out of the trees for a 4 on par3(when I thought I had lost two balls off the tee), for 8 over playing off 18 handicap. Had only played about 4 times in the previous year. My partner was also having a blinder as well, score 54 or something points between the two of us. It was embarrassing :eek:

Over 10 years ago whilst playing off a club handicap of 14 iirc, I shot 1 under par the course, so fifteen shots under in a friendly game with friends:eek:

Yes I blow hot and hot:(

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
12 under.

My first official handicap was 16 and within a year or two I shot 4 over gross 74, net 58. Unsurprisingly it was good enough that day to win the club championship (best Net) back in 1995. One of my golfing highlights.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
long ago in another century even ,when i was just a lad.playing off22 i was in a 36 hole comp ,in the morning i shot a gross 80 for a nett 58 ,i was cut five shots for that score ,so the afternoon round i shot a gross 83 for a nett 66. needless to say i was branded a sombrero wearing SOB

Like you I played in a 36 hole comp. and had a net 58 in the first round.

I wasn't cut for the second round in the afternoon .

I don't think you should have been cut for the second round as the rules state that if you play a 36 hole comp. the same day your h/c can't change.

As you say it was long time ago maybe the rules were different then.

S

Snelly

As a boy, I had a medal round of 80 nett 58. I won the medal and was cut to 10 as a result. I then won the next junior competition at the club off my new handicap.

kid2

Money List Winner
Visit site
74 gross off 12 a couple of year ago. And had a few 73's between last year and now off of an 8 hc and now 6 hc.
Been 2 under par as far as 13th at our course a couple of times and slipped on a couple of holes to shoot those 73's.