What's the highest level you've competed at?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ran for the school at 800m and cross country, I didn't particularly enjoy it, I think I was the only one daft enough to do it lol.
Played left midfield for Rotherham United Boys as a young teenager, was a ball boy once vs Port Vale in the early 80's, it was great as a few kids from school were there to watch the game :cool:
I remember being top scorer for my school team, 18 goals in 12 games iirc, hat trick on my debut as well :LOL: nothing came of football though and I ended up a weekend warrior in various pub/working men's club teams. A strange thing in my mid/late teens, I had a year in goals for my pub team and ended up with a player of the year trophy somehow, I've never known how but I got approached by a top amateur team in the area to sign for them during the summer, I turned them down as I preferred playing outfield :ROFLMAO:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Arnold Palmer 18 hole crazy golf at Skeggy.
Actually won a free game with an hole in one. Made the bell ring. Got me ticket and was wounded when me dad said were not waiting an hour for you to play on your own🤨

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Played baseball for GB in 1989. Also played 14 seasons in the top division of the British league and led the Premier Division in hitting that season.

I also played baseball from 1988 - 1993 including time the English Premier League. Around 1981 - 1982 at 16 I was training as a goalkeeper with Three Bridges FC in the Sussex County League, broke my hand playing in goal for a work team at the same time, stopped playing football altogether around then.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played baseball for GB in 1989. Also played 14 seasons in the top division of the British league and led the Premier Division in hitting that season.

(y). I think that's one game I could have been really good at. I had a brilliant throwing arm, great at catching and decent at hitting. Never played the game, so never found out!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
On a musical note.
Does anyone remember the mid-late 90's indie band Mansun? Cracking band they were. An old band I was in did a support slot for them in 1998 at Norwich UEA while they were at the height of their fame.
The other support band was Gay Dad, I think they had a top 10 single not long after, we split up two weeks after the biggest gig of our lives :ROFLMAO:

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I also played baseball from 1988 - 1993 including time the English Premier League. Around 1981 - 1982 at 16 I was training as a goalkeeper with Three Bridges FC in the Sussex County League, broke my hand playing in goal for a work team at the same time, stopped playing football altogether around then.

Crawley? Played there many times including being MVP of the Tournament one year. I played with the Sutton Braves until 1989 and then moved to the Hemel Red Sox where I pitched for five years.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
Used to play table tennis at a national league level. Played against (in practise not competition!) Desmond Douglas and Chen Xinhua. Both sooooo many levels above what I could ever have acheved.

I play mixed golf with a guy who I discovered was the European Table Tennis champion in 1980, apparently the way he played caused a rule change.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
After being the inspiration for this thread, I feel like I should say my piece.

Both my parents sailed so I was in a boat before I could walk. Progressed through the ranks, and ended up being good enough to win a few national championships, 3 European championships and 1 world championship. In my late teens I was a full blown professional but stopped enjoying it.....something about the hobby turning into the job just didn’t quite work for me.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
Played in the Highland league for a few years, equivalent to the national league (Vauxhall conference) back in the day.
17 years ago now 😬

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played in the County Com for works footy team.
I was just getting to a decent standard at 25ish but tore my ACL.
Never kicked a ball again.

It’s why I hate the term “Professional Foul” brought down from behind.
But I took up golf! Every cloud!!

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Back in the football days I was selected to play against Leeds United

Sadly it was the Leeds near Maidstone