What's the best golf investment in 2017?

OnTour

Head Pro
Visit site
I've moved away from my R15 and reverted to 909 driver and three wood, but Monday I gave in on my 2 off my 3 sm6 wedges and bought the Cleveland cbx 54° and with a ping tour 58° for fairway approach and sm6 58° for finesse supported by an old ram PW I'm finally happy.

2 rounds in the CBX is the best £120 spent this year, perfectly matches my call away xr (2015) setup

What's your best upgrade this year ? (2017) not a hashtag in sight 😀 I'm cured

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I broke a 25 year rule and bought 24 Chrome soft golf balls (truviz).

Whilst I'm down to my last one I was a good investment; and I enjoy using that ball.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A Titliest 915 driver. I've never been 70% FIR till I bought it. Even got an eagle on. par 4 with a good putt after a decent drive.

Just need to find where I put my short game!

El Diablo

Assistant Pro
Visit site
M1 2016 430CC driver for £150 (upgraded from SLDR) and a Titleist 915 3 wood £75 (Ping K15 previously) courtesy of a local Direct Golf closing down - would never have changed them at full price and the driver is really very good - 3 wood not as consistent as the K15 but much longer.

Like the look of the new Ping G400 3 woods (nice low profile face) now I need to find the next closing down sale.

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
Inexpensive one for
Me this year a pair of raingrip gloves. Never fancied them before but definetly done me a turn when it's wet. Great investment

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Probably my greenhill gts trolley. While it's very bulky, it is the business. Saves my stupid back and shoulders from packing up.

Or maybe the new diver I'm looking at on eBay (just 35 mins left) it's always the next one innit :)

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Inexpensive one for
Me this year a pair of raingrip gloves. Never fancied them before but definetly done me a turn when it's wet. Great investment

isnt every year an inexpensive one for you? You must have all the best gear surely?

I'd be changing every 5 mins 😁

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Ping putter. Whilst other parts of my game have been up and down this putter has given much greater consistency on the greens. Good weight and consistent across the face. I still need to improve on my lines but the weight of putts / distance control has been very good on the whole.

elmoag

Club Champion
Visit site
isnt every year an inexpensive one for you? You must have all the best gear surely?

I'd be changing every 5 mins 😁

Ha you would think so but I can't resist buying traditional older gear and convincing myself I'm still good enough to use it.
Do alright for the latest gear :)

Sidsidgwick

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A 75g Stiff Aldila Rouge Max shaft for my 2014 Big Bertha Driver head. Revolutionised my Driver, now my favourite club in the bag, consistently keeping me punching above my weight (unlike the original shaft which I was having huge issues with)

Yant

Head Pro
Visit site
Twilight membership at my local 9 hole golf club. It allowed me to enjoy some golf after work during the week - something not possible at my full time club as it's too far away.