Whatever happened to?

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
It's a transitory thing. People come for a while, either get fed up with golf or fed up with the forum. Sometimes it is seasonal as well, some don't play in the winter for example but re-emerge in the summer.

Wolf and Stokie were good guys, imo, that seem to have left permanently. Some others that spring to mind just post rarely now. No idea what they are up to.

It's a shame when good contributors leave but that is the way of forums.

Yes indeed, people come and go I only joined as lockdown meant not much else going, I think the topic restriction doesnt help, nor does the school teacher type moderating.

D

Deleted member 15344

People come and go , some missed, some not , some leave in a blaze of glory , some just stop posting - the forum is still busy and many very active - many forums die away but it’s good to see this one still going strong. The removal of political debate helped the forum hugely as it was very toxic at the time - it’s a shame that it had to happen that way because there were a good number who were very knowledgeable- who knows maybe in the future.

It’s good to see some new people posting and the odd one under a new name

Sweep

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Can’t believe Homer has gone. I hope he is putting the time he spent contributing on here to good use.
EDIT: Just read his last post. He did the right thing and I truly hope he is doing OK.

Last edited:

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sadly a few good guys have decided to stop posting for various reasons.
Some, take things too serious and get too personal then vendettas start. Others just want to argue about anything just for the sake of it.
Then you have the Trolls and cliques:mad::cry:
Good news is I'm still here :D.
Come back guys, all's forgiven :ROFLMAO:

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Yes indeed, people come and go I only joined as lockdown meant not much else going, I think the topic restriction doesnt help, nor does the school teacher type moderating.

The moderators can only respond to what is posted, if posts are within the rules, then all is good, if a line is crossed , then people get sanctioned,

Don’t blame the mods for responding to posts that infringe the rules

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
People come and go , some missed, some not , some leave in a blaze of glory , some just stop posting - the forum is still busy and many very active - many forums die away but it’s good to see this one still going strong. The removal of political debate helped the forum hugely as it was very toxic at the time - it’s a shame that it had to happen that way because there were a good number who were very knowledgeable- who knows maybe in the future.

It’s good to see some new people posting and the odd one under a new name

I'll respectfully beg to differ Phil; the political debate wasn't toxic, it was some of the posters. I think the wrong course was taken, but respect that it's Mike & the Mods choice as to the course of action.

I'd fully agree with your second point that there were some who were very knowledgable, and with whom you could disagree without the dialogue deteriorating.

Talking of which, can we add bluewolf to the list of those missing in action. :(

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I'll respectfully beg to differ Phil; the political debate wasn't toxic, it was some of the posters. I think the wrong course was taken, but respect that it's Mike & the Mods choice as to the course of action.

I'd fully agree with your second point that there were some who were very knowledgable, and with whom you could disagree without the dialogue deteriorating.

Talking of which, can we add bluewolf to the list of those missing in action. :(

Its the done thing, just without the respect ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes that is a better way of putting it ? the minority overpowered every political thread

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Know he did not have the option but Cabby was a character! Duncan Mackie was a really helpful guy especially with rules queries. Unfortunately some of replies seem to be from the same people which means is it worthwhile to pos. However some people are extremely helpful, especially on rules queries
DM PM'd me last year, he had just had enough of the bickering and behaiviour of some on here, shame had a lot of time for him. I still get the odd text from Cabby, he's still the same:LOL:

some of the old scottish crew are on Craws group in FB and post from time to time.

Last edited: