Whatever happened to?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What actually happened with fish or do we skip past it for the greater good? I was away from the forum for about a year so missed it.

Either was he was alright in his own way.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
What actually happened with fish or do we skip past it for the greater good? I was away from the forum for about a year so missed it.

Either was he was alright in his own way.

I’m usually on here everyday, Atleast briefly and I missed what actually happened. There have been a few hints dropped in certain threads, so I would only be guessing as to the exact reason.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Even though I went to a few of the same meets as fish, I didn’t get the chance to play with him and see his famous baby draw
Wasn't it you that had a massive hook and took out a few solar panels when playing Forrest or Pines a few years ago :D. You wouldn't have got near enough to him for a conversation anyway :p
Oops !! It might have been Khameleon :confused:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Wasn't it you that had a massive hook and took out a few solar panels when playing Forrest or Pines a few years ago :D. You wouldn't have got near enough to him for a conversation anyway :p
Oops !! It might have been Khameleon :confused:

It was definitely one of us, but I actually can’t remember which one of us it was.

Either way, I blame the beers you were giving out

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Anyone remember Birdieman, John Findlay (The original golf you tuber!) , Atticus Finch, Madandra , threeoffthetee, timgolfy , scouser, podgester and the Young Liverpudlian Mono ?

Scouser left due to a new job's social media restrictions. He keeps us same at night, though. :D

Podgster's latest club is Childwall,I'm led to believe.

Never heard of Mono, must have been before my time.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Ah! Mono217 (Connor). Back in 2009/10 he was a 15 year old Liverpudlian who seemed to always be selling golf gear and winding certain people up. I think the Mods and MH will remember him well. ;)

Just a few more names that haven't been seen for many a moon:- The Craw, Vig, MedwayJon, Viscount17, Region3, Craphacker, Dodger, SS2, ........

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'll respectfully beg to differ Phil; the political debate wasn't toxic, it was some of the posters. I think the wrong course was taken, but respect that it's Mike & the Mods choice as to the course of action.

I'd fully agree with your second point that there were some who were very knowledgable, and with whom you could disagree without the dialogue deteriorating.

Talking of which, can we add bluewolf to the list of those missing in action. :(

Political threads; as much as I miss them I feel the right decision was made from a logistical perspective. The mods would have to read the threads almost post by post at the time of posting to ensure they didn’t become toxic. No way could that be done - mods have a life to live too. More bans, and longer bans could have been imposed and might have helped but they are an after the fact, the post is already out there.

One of the other forums I frequent has a big boys section. You have to have been a member for 6 months before you can apply to go into it. The approval is very much based on your posting history - bad boys don’t get in. There’s a lot more freedom to post once in there but there are still rules. Cross them and you’re kicked out totally.