Whatever happened to?

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would be nice to know what has happened to forum regulars who have gone AWOL.

For instance, I can't remember any posts from Homer lately.
Jim, it was a while back that Martin decided that enough was enough...... he's not the only one as, sadly, some people's attitudes have turned this into a rather 'sour' place, other than seeking technical info.... at least that's still worthwhile.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's a transitory thing. People come for a while, either get fed up with golf or fed up with the forum. Sometimes it is seasonal as well, some don't play in the winter for example but re-emerge in the summer.

Wolf and Stokie were good guys, imo, that seem to have left permanently. Some others that spring to mind just post rarely now. No idea what they are up to.

It's a shame when good contributors leave but that is the way of forums.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Know he did not have the option but Cabby was a character! Duncan Mackie was a really helpful guy especially with rules queries. Unfortunately some of replies seem to be from the same people which means is it worthwhile to pos. However some people are extremely helpful, especially on rules queries

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Gibbo, anyone?
I think the last couple of years have been tough going for many forums (fora?) which don't have rigourous non-controversial rules/moderation.
Golfwrx, for example, has always been very strictly policed against politics/religion/general snarkiness and (to my mind) is a more relaxed place as a consequence.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Duncan Mackie, there's a name from the past didn't realise he hasn't been around for a while. I think he is quite elderly, hope he is OK.

D

Deleted Member 1156

Gibbo, anyone?
I think the last couple of years have been tough going for many forums (fora?) which don't have rigourous non-controversial rules/moderation.
Golfwrx, for example, has always been very strictly policed against politics/religion/general snarkiness and (to my mind) is a more relaxed place as a consequence.
Gibbo did reappear a year or so ago then disappeared just as quickly again. Used to love reading about his drunken ebay purchases :ROFLMAO:

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Duncan Mackie, there's a name from the past didn't realise he hasn't been around for a while. I think he is quite elderly, hope he is OK.
Iirc, when still posting he was the longest serving forum member. Probably had a single digit user number!
Always enjoyed his posts. Nice pics too.
** edit ** probably wrong person, i was thinking of someone called (i think) duncan McKenzie (or similar)

Last edited:

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I also used to like DelC's slightly eccentric posts. Bigger holes and British Summer Time were his speciality if I recall.