What would you do ....

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I'm big enough to admit I've made mistakes at work. I'm sure most of us have. Doesn't mean she or anyone else should have a penalty against them for a simple mistake.

Most poeple working on tills wil have fluctuations, even with tills doing it for them. Simple list ages happen.

Which i understand...

However, my response was to a post that said the poor cow living on min wage has to make the shortfall up.

I would argue that if she greeted customers face on, took the bets and paid attention to what was happening, the mistake would never have happened.

YES - mistakes happen. I understand that. But this was not a mistake, this was her not doing her job correctly imo.

I was in there tonight picking up some winnings and she was in working. Again i witnessed two occasions where she ignores people at her till and continues chatting to people elsewhere whilst serving customers

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Which i understand...

However, my response was to a post that said the poor cow living on min wage has to make the shortfall up.

I would argue that if she greeted customers face on, took the bets and paid attention to what was happening, the mistake would never have happened.

YES - mistakes happen. I understand that. But this was not a mistake, this was her not doing her job correctly imo.

I was in there tonight picking up some winnings and she was in working. Again i witnessed two occasions where she ignores people at her till and continues chatting to people elsewhere whilst serving customers

I think if she's that bad. And you're that frequent a customer on first name basis then either her manager needs to be told.

The people she's gossiping to, do they stop to serve or are they just as bad? Maybe they're trying to make it a social place to go?

But I agree, chatting whilst making it look like they're doing you a favour by serving you is fristrating.

Big D 88

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I think if she's that bad. And you're that frequent a customer on first name basis then either her manager needs to be told.

The people she's gossiping to, do they stop to serve or are they just as bad? Maybe they're trying to make it a social place to go?

But I agree, chatting whilst making it look like they're doing you a favour by serving you is fristrating.

Sometimes, tonight for example, she is chatting to another customer. Which is fine, but when someone comes to your till you should acknowledge them. The night in question with my scenario she was chatting to a co-worker.

The other cashiers are more adept at doing this. Maybe she just needs more training or perhaps a kick up the backside.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I think it's a thin line that some staff if retail can't manage.

Trying to blend the lines between having a good relationship with regulars and being staff doesn't always work.

In in this case, she would apparently need training.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
I dont see that at all,the way the world is today if you make a sexist remark you are sexist, if you make a racist joke you are racist, ergo if you do something dishonest you are dishonest, being dishonest means you cheat end of.

I suspect everyone is slightly dishonest in their dealings or what they say either at home or at work every day. Again context is everything.