What Will Be The Biggest Help To My Game?

Dave B

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Unless I have misinterpreted the rules GPS is not allowed during a stipulated round, (it comes under artificial devices R&A rule 14-3), however if the commitee of a club have a local rule that GPS can be used in club competitions then they can be permitted.

bluetoon

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Unless I have misinterpreted the rules GPS is not allowed during a stipulated round, (it comes under artificial devices R&A rule 14-3), however if the commitee of a club have a local rule that GPS can be used in club competitions then they can be permitted.

Technically you are correct, but all recent opens i played in have allowed them and i would be very surprised if there are any amateur events out there that have banned them.

Can only think that some elite events don't allow them, would love to be corrected.

needmoreclub

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Here was me thinking i was the only guy on here that only carried pw & sw, can't agree more with your

comments, i can spend hours just trying wee half shots/bump & runs, opening and closing the faces.

:whoo:
Some people like to hit full shots with their wedges so laying up is sensible.
The trouble occurs when you end up 50 yds short of the green. Then what do you do?

I can understand why people prefer to hit a full a wedge rather than a 1/2 or 3/4 but I suspect that's because they dont practice them.
Personally, I love practicing those little punch in wedges/9 irons/8 irons and when you have got to a certain standard, I think you'll find them a lot easier to play than a full blooded wedge.

I have never ever had a GW or a LW. My PW is 48 deg and my SW is 56 and I cant think of a short game shot I cant play with them.
Each to their own though