What the experienced golfer requires.

barrybridges

Head Pro
fairwaytogo.wordpress.com
I've been thinking about this and I have an idea for you.

What about a feature that detects what clubs and how many you have in your bag.

Not only is this useful in the very limited situation whereby you have too many clubs for a tournament (unlikely), but it's going to be MORE useful for golfers who - like me - have a tendency to accidentally leave clubs out on the course by mistake.

Sometimes it's very easy to take your wedge and putter out of your bag/trolley when you are around the green. After you've chipped you put the wedge down and sometimes it's easy to forget about it, with the result that the group behind you will pick it up (if you're lucky).

Some kind of sensor to alert you that you've left a club behind would be good.

How about a trolley with a built-in GPS (which you can switch off for competitions) that automatically tracks how far you've hit each shot - when it starts moving it starts recording, but you press a button when you've arrived at your shot. Combined with the above it can track your distances for different irons.

studentcraig

Hacker
Visit site
I've been thinking about this and I have an idea for you.

What about a feature that detects what clubs and how many you have in your bag.

Not only is this useful in the very limited situation whereby you have too many clubs for a tournament (unlikely), but it's going to be MORE useful for golfers who - like me - have a tendency to accidentally leave clubs out on the course by mistake.

Sometimes it's very easy to take your wedge and putter out of your bag/trolley when you are around the green. After you've chipped you put the wedge down and sometimes it's easy to forget about it, with the result that the group behind you will pick it up (if you're lucky).

Some kind of sensor to alert you that you've left a club behind would be good.

How about a trolley with a built-in GPS (which you can switch off for competitions) that automatically tracks how far you've hit each shot - when it starts moving it starts recording, but you press a button when you've arrived at your shot. Combined with the above it can track your distances for different irons.

Absolutley brilliant mate. Now that you mention it about leaving the wedge on the last green. That actually happend to myself so a will defo try targeting that area and with the range finder, i will also look into it. Thank very much mate:D

studentcraig

Hacker
Visit site
A set of decent metal rails, where I can clip my glove, sky caddie clip, lazer holder, cleaning brush, cleaning towel, etc. most bags do not have sufficient space for all this junk that I now carry.

I think the bag with the rotating guts is a bagboy revolver, made by Bennington?

Think you are right about the Bennington mate. Another guy already dropped me a link to show. My aim is to try and moderate this and also make it make it durable and stable for the user. Hopefully it will happen. :pthanks for the thoughts.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
you have to make sure all this is lightweight, tastefull and stylish! alarms going off because someone left a club behind is a big NO, NO im my book. this could disturb a nearby green or tee shot.

a trolly with a built in GPS is already on the market.

i dont mean to be a smartass about this but you have a job on your hand designing a truly innovative product as this subject has been hammered by countless students. when i did a design module at uni we had to do design a single person ride on golf cart. finding unique ideas turned out to be alot harder than i first imagined. good luck with it anyway and if you do mangage to find that missing link for golf bags/trollys then i wish you all the best in the future because you could make a fortune!

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A bag with a 'Wee detector' that warns of 'old gits' within 200 yards so that you can hide in the trees before they have a chance to wind you up.