What the experienced golfer requires.

studentcraig

Hacker
Visit site
I beleive both these are in production (because I saw them in the pro shop last week) but don't seem particularily successful (they were covered in dust!) which must be partly down to the first comment in the thread (looks) and partly the fact that they are a compromise - whilst for a number of people this is good, for most it's not; why buy one bag when you can justify buying two? :)

I have looked in my local golf shops and research through the internet and i didnt notice any on the market. Please if possible can you direct me to where these can be found. My research was done in depth both the bag and trolley. If this is on the market I will be back to square one as i will have to alter my design brief, design spec and objectives!! Thank you for your info.

studentcraig

Hacker
Visit site
An external fireproof and waterproof pocket type thingy to keep the pipe in when preparing to hit the ball/putt. Only half joking.

This is the type of idea i am looking for, for my secondary functions something i can use to pimp the golf bag up a little. great idea will certainly try and fit something in round this idea.Thank you

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
I have looked in my local golf shops and research through the internet and i didnt notice any on the market. Please if possible can you direct me to where these can be found. My research was done in depth both the bag and trolley. If this is on the market I will be back to square one as i will have to alter my design brief, design spec and objectives!! Thank you for your info.

I won't be able to comment until after Sunday when I get back to that shop.

The bag had a spine and the wheels pressed onto either side at the base, I think the handle pulled up and out but I'm not sure. The wheels had their own bag, which could then go in a pocket of the bag if you see what I mean.

There are 3 US patents for golf bags with removable wheels.....US7114730,US6554299,US6659477

and there's one for sale second hand in the Thai small ads Bhat & Sold (clever eh?) here

http://www.bahtsold.com/en/view/golf-bag-with-detachable-wheels-for-sale--97427

studentcraig

Hacker
Visit site
There is Definately one on the market, I rembember watching a video last year..... Was shockingly ugly though

I have just found one bag that contains the trolley installed on it. It is made of only a plastic case and looks like a gun rack that you could transport. I am keeping the appearance in mind at all time, I will get my two concepts scanned 2morro and show all my designs to get a response! Thanks again

studentcraig

Hacker
Visit site
I won't be able to comment until after Sunday when I get back to that shop.

The bag had a spine and the wheels pressed onto either side at the base, I think the handle pulled up and out but I'm not sure. The wheels had their own bag, which could then go in a pocket of the bag if you see what I mean.

There are 3 US patents for golf bags with removable wheels.....US7114730,US6554299,US6659477

and there's one for sale second hand in the Thai small ads Bhat & Sold (clever eh?) here

http://www.bahtsold.com/en/view/golf-bag-with-detachable-wheels-for-sale--97427

Thank you very much mate. the desciption you have given me on the bag in the shop is very similar to my first concept!! Bubble n burst come to mind!

bigslice

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thank you very much mate. the desciption you have given me on the bag in the shop is very similar to my first concept!! Bubble n burst come to mind!

i can sell you my idea, you get two plastic sticks. you with me YES i will continue. you get a flimsy plastic hinge. you still with me YES well here comes the V EASY bit. you join them together and BOBMACS your uncle. you now have a 4 in 1 training device. (4th use is picking your ball out the hole). :whoo:if you want to precede with this IDEA all i need is your sort code and account number:whistle:. dont give up with your ideas

CrapHacker18

Club Champion
Visit site
Just seen this.

I bought Mrs Hacker(Crap) a bag with built in wheels to try and get her happier about starting up.

It was a nice pretty pink, had a retractable handle, and a pair of wheels that were clip on/off with a simple bracket to fix them.

But the wheels were two small, and it wasn't very stable.

I'll try and think about how it could have been made to work and get back to you.......

GL I think it's a great idea in concept.

:thup:

Luulox

Assistant Pro
Visit site
a hidden button inside the handle that when pressed discreetly deposits a ball, from a hidden compartment in the bottom of the bag, onto the avid golfers preffered lie. Weight would be an issue, it would have to be light so said golfer can push the bag easily through the rough without raising suspicion. I too require 5% if this goes global.

SocketRocket

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have a bag with a built in trolly in my garage. I have used it at times and you can detach the wheels. Its called a TRI-Bag. Here is a link: http://www.tri-bag.com/

Another good feature I had on an old bag called a Bennington was what was called a 'quiet organizer' it had slots around the top that all the irons fitted into so they were held firmly in place. I would get another if I could find one in the UK.

A link: http://www.benningtongolfbags.com/2011BenningtonLiteQuietOrganizerStandBag.html

Andy

Tour Winner
Visit site
lol, great minds!!. Thanks mate but I am looking for what you would like outside the norm from clubs. I am looking for ideas like quick release ball compartments,new ideas for what to do with the space. A little more outside the box. Is there an essential item that you take on the course that could be doing with more storage space or even a storage place. Thank you for thoughts though

A fridge to keep the ciders cold.

studentcraig

Hacker
Visit site
Just seen this.

I bought Mrs Hacker(Crap) a bag with built in wheels to try and get her happier about starting up.

It was a nice pretty pink, had a retractable handle, and a pair of wheels that were clip on/off with a simple bracket to fix them.

But the wheels were two small, and it wasn't very stable.

I'll try and think about how it could have been made to work and get back to you.......

GL I think it's a great idea in concept.

:thup:

Thanks mate. My lecturer couldnt have made it clearer that each concept needs to come with answers and with tht gd answers. I have ahead the challenge of making sure the center of balance is correct not only on flat ground but also on a gradient. This will be tested when i produce my final work so all this is in mind at the moment but thank you for your comments sir.

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
what you are fogettng is that golfers are like women with handbags. i dont think that trollys with built in bags will work too well as no one wants to have the same bag as their mate. if i saw 4 fellas all with the exact same bag i would think they are plonkers. you need to be able to make umpteen types or designs on these bags/trolly hybrids.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
A set of decent metal rails, where I can clip my glove, sky caddie clip, lazer holder, cleaning brush, cleaning towel, etc. most bags do not have sufficient space for all this junk that I now carry.

I think the bag with the rotating guts is a bagboy revolver, made by Bennington?

Last edited:

DCB

Visit site
Seem to recall some hideous tartan bag with wheels attached back in the 1980s. It was almost rectangular in shape. I'd even have used a GoKart before using one of them ;)