What makes a good fitter

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
We hear all sorts but I watched TXG fit the new ping g430 to someone and some interesting comments about getting ping to digitally adjust the loft so that the neck was neutral for what they wanted.

it had me thinking about several fittings I’ve had over here and despite searching out recommendations, the fittings have also been different experiences. SGGT has so far been the best for me with bespoke shafts helping tweak the fit further but then when penrith golf hub looked at the irons I got there, they suggested I tweaked the lies. I do however put this down to swing changes but the fact remained their philosophy was different, perhaps due to advances in swing knowledge due to Trackman and gc quad feedback over the years.

What would you expect from a golf fitting these days?

Jason.H

Visit site
The last fitting I had was for a driver and I had in mind before I went what I,d thought would be best for me. Light shaft, stiff and plenty of loft. And that proved to be the best for me. Also I was happy with one of the standard shaft offerings. No way was I going to pay an extra £200 + when the standard offering gave me the flight I was after.

Skytot

Visit site
The last fitting I had was for a driver and I had in mind before I went what I,d thought would be best for me. Light shaft, stiff and plenty of loft. And that proved to be the best for me. Also I was happy with one of the standard shaft offerings. No way was I going to pay an extra £200 + when the standard offering gave me the flight I was after.
That sounds like me . I ended up with a Mizuno STx220 . Stiff shaft , Tensei 65 & 10.5 degs put crank it up to 12. It’s been amazing so far

Teebs

Visit site
I've been to 5 fittings in the past 9 months for driver, irons (twice), hybrids and putter.

The driver fitting result was great, but the fitter was really poor and uninterested (had shop credit to use). Iron fitting at Ping was good, iron fitting at the 2nd shop was poor, hybrid fitting at Express Golf was good. The best fitting experience was Manchester Golf Club for a putter, detailed analysis and a logical method.

In both of the good iron & hybrid fittings, the difference for me was the level of data on TrackMan and the fitter listening to what I wanted.
I just want someone to take an interest and go through the process.
Hopefully no more fittings for me now, I have a brand new set from driver to putter..

Jason.H

Visit site
I like watching the TXG videos on fitting , club and shaft reviews ect.
Though most golfers are not hitting 280 yard 3 woods. And small nuances in different shafts would not be noticed the vast majority of golfers. Most are just hoping to find the centre of the club face.

Skytot

Visit site
I've been to 5 fittings in the past 9 months for driver, irons (twice), hybrids and putter.

The driver fitting result was great, but the fitter was really poor and uninterested (had shop credit to use). Iron fitting at Ping was good, iron fitting at the 2nd shop was poor, hybrid fitting at Express Golf was good. The best fitting experience was Manchester Golf Club for a putter, detailed analysis and a logical method.

In both of the good iron & hybrid fittings, the difference for me was the level of data on TrackMan and the fitter listening to what I wanted.
I just want someone to take an interest and go through the process.
Hopefully no more fittings for me now, I have a brand new set from driver to putter..
I went to Ben at Manchester golf club . I agree he’s good , I had a putter & driver fitting with him . Think I will go back when I’m ready for my wedge fitting