What is the next course you are playing?

• Thread starter Deleted Member 1156
  • Start date

SteveJay

Head Pro
Visit site
A word of caution - our pro today informed us that all visitor bookings are to be cancelled after Friday as are opens. Maybe part of the Lancashire local lockdown but will probably be extended in due course.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
Rolls of Monmouth on Friday.... Wales not allowing travel in and out of some Boroughs, so the club have arranged additional reciprocals... Rolls on the list for "residing in Monmouthshire" Newport GC members who are not allowed to drive into Newport.

Monmouth isn’t locked down...yet!

Last edited:

2blue

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tomorrow..... playing at the finest test of golf in the Leeds area IMO, though maybe not the 'Best' course.... MoorAllerton GC Fri playing at an Open at NW Leeds, Woodhall Hills GC. Nowt special but an awefull lot better than our hollow-tined greens.

D

Deleted member 17920

Not playing again until we head up the road

Shiskine
Machrie x2
Machrihanish Dunes
Dunaverty
Machrihanish
Glasgow Gailes

Seven rounds in 6 days ?
I am positive that you will play all courses very well ?

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
Staying in Northumberland over the weekend, golf trip cancelled but I am going anyway, time booked off work so taking the missus.

Ones I have picked out are, Rothbury, Linden Hall and Burgham Park, don't for one minute think I will be lucky enough to play all of three.
Have looked online and there are some great twilight deals (after 3pm.) and all three within 20 minutes drive, (coincidence or what).

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
our Jolly down south is next week, so playing Kirriemuir, Aylth, Strathmore, Lundin and weather permitting the wee course at Blairgowrie on the way back, downside is we usually car share, but due to new restrictions we all have to travel sep, sods law its my turn get a lift from the other guy from Sneck. Heavy drinking will also be curtailed staying at the same hotel asa few years ago that had a good win list, but the bar bill was a small fortune

Last edited:

Old Colner

Club Champion
Visit site
or Jolly down south is next week, so playing Kirriemuir, Aylth, Strathmore, Lundin and weather permitting the wee course at Blairgowrie on the way back, downside is we usually car share, but due to new restrictions we all have to travel sep, sods law its my turn get a lift from the other guy from Sneck. Heavy drinking will also be curtailed staying at the same hotel asa few years ago that had a good win list, but the bar bill was a small fortune
Similar reason, why ours was cancelled, Lancashire under local lockdown rules from last week, no mixing of households, kyboshed car & room sharing.

Gowferdee

Visit site
our Jolly down south is next week, so playing Kirriemuir, Aylth, Strathmore, Lundin and weather permitting the wee course at Blairgowrie on the way back, downside is we usually car share, but due to new restrictions we all have to travel sep, sods law its my turn get a lift from the other guy from Sneck. Heavy drinking will also be curtailed staying at the same hotel asa few years ago that had a good win list, but the bar bill was a small fortune
car sharing rules are only advisory i think

Played Cathcart castle today. Scored 110 and lost 5 balls, water hazards were no joke on that course. something about the course, didn’t enjoy it as much as williamwood.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
As per my earlier post we played Market Rasen, Seacroft and Kirbymoorside Wednesday, Thursday and Friday.
Market Rasen was absolutely fabulous, a true hidden gem and I strongly recommend to anyone who is heading that way. Seacroft was also a fabulous course but obviously not a "hidden gem". Kirbymoorside is a nice course spoilt a bit by the tined greens, 40 to 50 mph winds and the rain that lashed down.