What is the a golf shot that starts down the middle and drifts to the left?

phillarrow

Visit site
Maybe one day. It is the aim tbh

What you think is my 7i distances is actually my 8i. The reason it says 7i is I just selected the 7i club before taking the picture.

But you are spot on regardless. I’ve had some major issues with the gapping with my old swing. My clubs are all the same except for my LW. I find it hard to correctly gauge which club I select and often find myself studying both front and back of greens before selection.

Below are my distances from my old swing and I find myself struggling with gapping with the majority of them. I’d like to think it’s the clubs but really not sure what’s going on.

View attachment 41195

Edit. It’s all gauged by top tracer so again not 100% sure how accurate that software is.

Those gaps look pretty good to me. Roughly 15 yards between clubs is spot on. For most courses/holes, this gives you at least two clubs to choose between for each approach shot, even at full swings. The gap at the top end (between 7 and 6) is low but that's the case for lots of us and if it remains like this with your new swing, I'd be tempted to think about swapping your 6 iron out for a hybrid or a GI iron to get that gap back up to the same as the others. The 18 yards between 7 and 8 seems a bit odd compared with the others but it's not awful and it's still playable.

Honestly mate, I don't know how new you are to the game but your numbers are awesome. If you're struggling to break 80 with those numbers, you either need to work on your short game/putting or your course management. As I said earlier - I'd swap your game for mine any day! ;)

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Maybe one day. It is the aim tbh

What you think is my 7i distances is actually my 8i. The reason it says 7i is I just selected the 7i club before taking the picture.

But you are spot on regardless. I’ve had some major issues with the gapping with my old swing. My clubs are all the same except for my LW. I find it hard to correctly gauge which club I select and often find myself studying both front and back of greens before selection.

Below are my distances from my old swing and I find myself struggling with gapping with the majority of them. I’d like to think it’s the clubs but really not sure what’s going on.

View attachment 41195

Edit. It’s all gauged by top tracer so again not 100% sure how accurate that software is.

Potential is there to do it …

With that speed if you can control your ball your scores will absolutely fly down

Bamberdele21

Visit site
Those gaps look pretty good to me. Roughly 15 yards between clubs is spot on. For most courses/holes, this gives you at least two clubs to choose between for each approach shot, even at full swings. The gap at the top end (between 7 and 6) is low but that's the case for lots of us and if it remains like this with your new swing, I'd be tempted to think about swapping your 6 iron out for a hybrid or a GI iron to get that gap back up to the same as the others. The 18 yards between 7 and 8 seems a bit odd compared with the others but it's not awful and it's still playable.

Honestly mate, I don't know how new you are to the game but your numbers are awesome. If you're struggling to break 80 with those numbers, you either need to work on your short game/putting or your course management. As I said earlier - I'd swap your game for mine any day! ;)

Cheers pal. Started last April after lockdown and I’m probably the longest hitter in my golf social circle whom have been playing for years. It’s a compliment but distances mean f all when it comes to scores at the end of the round.

I’ve honestly thought about taking my 5i and 6i out because they go awol and distances are similar but getting them bent this afternoon which is basically make or break for those clubs.

I also purchased a 3 hybrid one length. It’s is the same length as all my other clubs (8i as had them reduced to normal 7i spec) and people often mock me for it as it looks like a kids club. It was a mistake but live and learn.

So many areas that need work but I’m in a good place to put the hours in and learn. anything with 80 yards in and I struggle big time. Had a lesson on this recently and I think it’s going to take me all summer to get anywhere near right.