What hybrid do you use?

kevster84

Head Pro
Visit site
As per an earlier post I'm thinking of dropping my 3 wood and using an 17/18 degree and another between that and my 5 iron?

What loft hybrids do you all use and has anyone else dropped their 3 wood?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Dropped the 3w recently for a 17* hybrid, not quite as long off the tee but easier to hit of the deck. I reckon the 17* is probably more like a 4w, with my 20* being between a 3i and 4i.

Thing I'm finding with the hybrids is the ability to hit varied shots, low stingers that run through to high floaty shots into greens.

Currently using adams pro ideal a12's, which are leaps and bounds better than the cobra Amps I had previously.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
As per an earlier post I'm thinking of dropping my 3 wood and using an 17/18 degree and another between that and my 5 iron?

What loft hybrids do you all use and has anyone else dropped their 3 wood?

tried it 4 or 5 years ago for a 16 deg hybrid, found that almost as hard to hit as a 3 wood.

now have 18 and 23 deg Xhot 2 pro, us the 23 as my 3 iron

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
3-Wood is far too valuable to me to drop!

The TM Rescue has been in my bag for a long time. Very versatile club - long shot from rough is not the danger it used to be!

Just put the 4-iron replacement in. Will see how this 'cheating stick' goes on saturday

One Planer

Global Moderator
Visit site
While the loft is similar the shaft would be quite a bit shorter I would think. Getting the same distance may not quite happen.

I've also heard that lower lofted hybrids aren't all that easy to launch with insufficient swing speed.

I have a 19° Titleist 913H and find it so easy to hit it's like cheating. However I hit my 3 and 4 iron just as well so I only carry the one hybrid.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
22 only at this term of year - to go with 12/16/18 woods. The 5 wood and rescue 4 get a lot of approach shots through at thus time of year.
In the summer I will go back to 19 & 22 and drop the 5 wood, or 18 & 2 dropping either the 12 or 16 depending on course and adding the 4i to the bag.
The downside to this usual procedure this year is that the 5w has been performing fantastically - but until I get the 18 or 19 out of the shed I won't know if it's me or the club :)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Advancing years mean that I now carry four hybrids - 15*, 18*, 21* and 24*. I was never very successful with a 3 wood but the 15* hybrid is fairly dependable.

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I've recently acquired a Cleveland Launcher DST 15.5* Hybrid.. Maybe 10 yards shorter than the 3 Wood, but waaaaay more consistent.. A much better, lower piercing flight as well.. It's so good that I now use it on most Par 4's and a few par 5's when the hole is tight...

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
the cheat stick I use is a 19* Titleist.

I hit my 3 iron very well and the hybrid goes about 2 iron distance, the key for me though is it comes in high whereas my 2 iron would be a low bullet.

Odvan

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have a mizzy mp-clk 17 and 20 r flex. The 17 is in the bag mainly because I havent a problem hitting a decent 4i. Love the clubs, was annoyed I didn't jump on them in here when someone was selling them as a pair, stiff shafts.

I keep my 3w in the bag, lofts are close but it means I'm not trying to rip the 17*.

Can get em on evilbay pretty cheap and are worth a bash as a non-committal purchase.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a 17* TaylorMade SLDR Hybrid which I'm still getting used to, but starting to hit well (got 238 out of it on Sunday), and my trusty 22* Callaway X Hot which was one of the first clubs I bought, absolutely love it. It's so, so easy to hit, and I can get some good distance out of it when I give it some.