What hybrid do you use?

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Swapped my Cleveland XL 3 wood for an 18 degree 2 Hybrid last year.

Struggled with the wood and was prone to massive high hooks or (even worse) topped shots.

The hybrid is much much easier and nearly as long. Still capable of hooking the bejesus out of it (strong grip creeps in) but over all, much more user friendly for me

Tommo21

Tour Winner
www.royalmusselburgh.co.uk
Interesting.....I have two 909 Titleist hybrids, a 19 and a 21. I fitted a longer shaft into my 19 degree and now I have a nice gap from my 3 wood down. Don't know what I would do without them, they're so good.....for me anyway. Oh, still need my 3 wood.

Last edited:

bernix

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
currently using a cobra amp cell hybrid 2-3 in blue with the 19° setting. replaced my old ping g10 3-hybrid last year. very nice club for chipping !!!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Right now I have my 3i in the bag. 19 degree club is one I have been struggling to fill and right now, my 3i does a better job as any hybrid. Have tried numberous (Adams SLDR, Wilson FG Tour, Ping Anser) clubs that all suit my eye but I cant get on with them at all.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I historically struggle with hybrids but I've recently dropped my 3w and have put in a 19* No3 SLDR hybrid along with my Cleveland 4w & 7w in support of my driver, if the hybrid doesn't work for me I'll look at getting a 4i.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Play a Wilson FG Tour 21 degree inbetween a 5w that is 18 degree and 4 iron is 22 degree. (i know the 4i and 4h are very similar lofts, but ball flights and distance are very different!)

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Play a Wilson FG Tour 21 degree inbetween a 5w that is 18 degree and 4 iron is 22 degree. (i know the 4i and 4h are very similar lofts, but ball flights and distance are very different!)

this bit gets overlooked quiet easily when relating to loft alone, it is more important to fill the gaps distance wise

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
this bit gets overlooked quiet easily when relating to loft alone, it is more important to fill the gaps distance wise

Exactly, the 4 iron is longer with a much lower flight, more roll. The Hybrid is probably 20 yards shorter with very little roll. But they have the same loft!