What have you got booked that is likely to be cancelled?

• Thread starter Deleted member 23270
  • Start date

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have loads of opens booked for this year kicking off next month. First weekend in April already postponed and assume the other comps in April and early May will be cancelled in due course.

Not sure where we will be come 31st May for the open at Leven, could well be too soon for that to be on. But hopeful that the comps in July and August will go ahead and there is still be some golf to be played in the 2nd half of the season, fingers crossed.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Week in Belek last week in April, Captain's Away Weekend at Belton Woods in mid May, annual Gainsborough gathering in early August now under threat - as is our annual Ryder Cup event at Portals Park in September.

And Blue in Munich has just reminded me about Old Farts in June.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 1418

A month in Australia........in July/August.......transiting through Hong Kong. :cry::cry:

Oh well, maybe next year.......!! :unsure:

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Holiday in Cornwall in a couple of weeks, not sure if we'll get the money back, we'll see. Golf weekend with mates at Forest Pines in May. Few gigs and concerts already postponed/cancelled, also few more likely to be postponed/cancelled soon.

Last edited:

gmc40

Head Pro
Visit site
2 1/2 weeks in India for our 10 year anniversary. Supposed to be flying out 1st April. Flights cancelled but Qatar have retrospectively changed their policy and are stating they are only offering vouchers. Still arguing with them as unlikely we’ll use within 12 months plus no guarantee they’ll still be in business.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The sparky to finish off his 2nd fix, test and sign everything off
The floorer to latex the bathroom floor, overboard the hallway floor and Amtico the lot
The plasterer to skim the hallway and 2 bedroom ceilings
The estate agent to value and sell the property :(

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
We were due to go out in the caravan at the end of April and put Father-in-Law in respite over that period. None of that is going to happen now.
Also, we had a heating leak which was fixed but the remedial work has to be done, and goodness knows when that will happen.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Most of it was cancelled already.

Tomorrow is my wife's 30th. The supercar driving experience I booked has been cancelled. The table at the Glasshouse at the Grove in the evening is cancelled. The weekend away to Bratislava with 9 of our friends is cancelled as well.

My band's gig on Saturday just gone was cancelled. Lastly, my football team was due to go on a weekend away to Liverpool next month, and we've cancelled that ourselves as it seems highly unlikely that pubs etc will be open by then. All our Sunday matches were cancelled as well obviously.

We'll just have to wait and see when we can actually reschedule all of this stuff for really.

IanG

Tour Rookie
Visit site
5 days in Lisbon for a big birthday 3rd week in April - just waiting for Easyjet to cancel.

Long weekend trip to Woodhall Spa/Sunningdale Old & New/Walton Heath in Early June - not holding my breath.

Edit: Forgot "Guitar Heroes" in May which has already been postponed and a wedding in October in the US we are meant to be going to - this clashed with the Machrie/Machrihanish extravaganza so there might be a sliver lining there...:)

Edit 2: .. oh and a works outing to Gullane nr 3 in April and a day at Duddingston Mid-April - is forgetfulness a sign of cov-19 or just old age?

In the grand scheme of thing tho' we're getting off lightly compared to many.

Last edited:

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The Book of Mormon; cancelled as we got to the door, still waiting for the refund.
Santana; tickets good for new date, whenever that is, if the date works.
Romesh Ranganathan; rescheduled to April 2021 if the date works.
Joe Bonamassa; no news, which I suspect is not good news, just grateful I didn't book the hotel.
Bryan Adams; no news.
Old Farts; I doubt it.
Eagles; Wembley in August, maybe.
Glyn's tour of Scotland; hope so, that would really disappoint to miss out.
Status Quo; the first Old Farts forum gig, this needs to go ahead.
Elton John; hopefully this is still good.

Could be worse, at least I'm still here to moan about it.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Princes Golf today
Book of Morman too but through illness, BlueinMunich getting money back
Monica Galetti restaurant, meal for 45th wedding anniversary
Le Golf National - I guess
Queen at the 02 - I guess
Alaska cruise with Rocky Mountineer - will be cancelled but not heard yet
Cornwall break with family early July - doubtful
Open tickets - doubtful
Cyprus in September- hope will be ok

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A full body wax, back, sack and crack, in preparation for summer!

Now lets see who can keep their lunch down...

D

Deleted member 17920

Just had a trip to London cancel last weekend.

Le Golf National in April has zero chance of happening.

Center Parcs in May again I suspect no chance.

Golf away trips in June Surrey and July Gleneagles and North Berwick I am not expecting any chance of going either.

Then only hoping the Scotland trip at the end of September can still go ahead as planned if we all make it!

Was looking at a week in September to Cornwall but going to hold off booking anything till we know more.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Just had a trip to London cancel last weekend.

Le Golf National in April has zero chance of happening.

Center Parcs in May again I suspect no chance.

Golf away trips in June Surrey and July Gleneagles and North Berwick I am not expecting any chance of going either.

Then only hoping the Scotland trip at the end of September can still go ahead as planned if we all make it!

Was looking at a week in September to Cornwall but going to hold off booking anything till we know more.

I suspect the government will turn the taps on and off a bit over the next year to give people a bit more 'freedom' and then curtail it again if the instances keep rising again. Trouble is as soon as any restrictions are lifted I expect the great British public to take the **** and the restrictions will come back in pretty sharpish. We've got a week in Old Hunstanton booked for August and I'm vaguely hopeful, even if it means we just drive there, eat in all the time, mostly sit in the house or walk the dog down the beach every day. But we'll see.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Book of Mormon; cancelled as we got to the door, still waiting for the refund.
Santana; tickets good for new date, whenever that is, if the date works.
Romesh Ranganathan; rescheduled to April 2021 if the date works.
Joe Bonamassa; no news, which I suspect is not good news, just grateful I didn't book the hotel.
Bryan Adams; no news.
Old Farts; I doubt it.
Eagles; Wembley in August, maybe.
Glyn's tour of Scotland; hope so, that would really disappoint to miss out.
Status Quo; the first Old Farts forum gig, this needs to go ahead.
Elton John; hopefully this is still good.

Could be worse, at least I'm still here to moan about it.
Can you let me know when the Santana gig is reinstated, just might be able to pick up some dumped tickets.

Lazkir

Head Pro
Visit site
Three days golfing at Wymondon Lakes next month and Four days at Skegness playing Seacroft/Northshore in June.

Lots of other single golfing days out.

I was really looking forward to this summer :(