What has your club done for YOU?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Now your off me blocked list ?our problem is Homer is that the pro invested in the shop and driving range. Part of that was the winnings have to be spent in his shop. Which I get that but then the clubhouse says it should be taking me more. But you cannot spend your winnings in there. It is a bone of contention to a lot of members. Ave started that in the survey.
without boring you Homer. 5 day is £650. Plus 2 comps at £10 a week. Thats £1k, Chuck in 60 miles a week travel. ? guess what.
Sherwood is a mile and a half from me. It’s getting close to playing there for the same cost with less mileage.

I get why a pro would want the cash re-invested back into his shop. I've no qualms about that but a lot of the members were getting disgruntled so the option to stick it on the bar card and reinvest it into the club via food and drink seemed a reasonable compromise. Irrespective of whether the money comes from winnings or from members pockets, sadly I think there is a limit to how much club crested gear someone can want to buy. That leaves things like golf balls and having just got rid off about 200 old balls and with a carrier bag of premium balls still to find a way to shift to a good home and another bag of premium balls and several dozen balls still in boxes it's the one thing I don't need. What do you do then?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I get why a pro would want the cash re-invested back into his shop. I've no qualms about that but a lot of the members were getting disgruntled so the option to stick it on the bar card and reinvest it into the club via food and drink seemed a reasonable compromise. Irrespective of whether the money comes from winnings or from members pockets, sadly I think there is a limit to how much club crested gear someone can want to buy. That leaves things like golf balls and having just got rid off about 200 old balls and with a carrier bag of premium balls still to find a way to shift to a good home and another bag of premium balls and several dozen balls still in boxes it's the one thing I don't need. What do you do then?
Homer, this last year I have been introduced to a new partner. He plays quick and has found more balls than anyone I have ever seen. I now have hundreds of balls in the garage. It’s getting ridiculous. The only thing I now want to change is my Hybrid to a Ping G410 there’s some way to go for that. Tashyboy is 57 soon and Ave asked. Missis T to pay the balance for me old farts weekend. But am at a stage where when it comes to golf, what do you need.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
We have the option, pro shop or bar. I go for the pro shop as I would not notice monies on the bar account. Fortunately our pro shop is full of non club crested gear. In fact it is one of the the best stocked pro shops I have been in. Caters for all tastes include Slasher’s ‘dressing in the dark’

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Homer, this last year I have been introduced to a new partner. He plays quick and has found more balls than anyone I have ever seen. I now have hundreds of balls in the garage. It’s getting ridiculous. The only thing I now want to change is my Hybrid to a Ping G410 there’s some way to go for that. Tashyboy is 57 soon and Ave asked. Missis T to pay the balance for me old farts weekend. But am at a stage where when it comes to golf, what do you need.

Chuck 'em. Well that's what I was told. Balls absorb moisture and them that's been on the ground even more so. You're loosing 5+ yards per hit.....apparently. Just saying.

D

Deleted member 1418

Hi all, in recent light of all the poor weather, and the upcoming membership renewals, has your club offered you any special incentives to rejoin?

No. It has closed!! :cry::ROFLMAO:

Apparently only for a couple of years whilst the old clubhouse is torn down and the land developed for flats, and a new clubhouse is built, but with plans for a new Watford FC stadium on the rest of the course surfacing, the future doesn't look good! :mad::cry: