What has your club done for YOU?

Pjwgov

Hacker
Visit site
Hi all, in recent light of all the poor weather, and the upcoming membership renewals, has your club offered you any special incentives to rejoin?

D

Deleted member 23270

No, mine is a top quality course with a healthy membership. The club cannot be blamed for the weather.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Nope but to be honest the club has worked hard to keep 9 or 15 holes open to give members some golf. You can't blame clubs for closing given the conditions and I don't see why they should do anything. If members are/aren't going to renew they will have probably already made the decision and so the weather, while it might be a final nail, won't be the main reason behinf it

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
In the renewal letter from Whipsnade there was a letter from the Captain stating what work would be done to improve the course..
Having spo,en to the greenkeepers, I highly doubt they will, have the money necessary to do it.
As an example, the bench by the 3rd tee has been standing in a puddle since the beginning of November
This area has always been one of the wettest parts of the course.
One has to wonder why they're only thinking about doing something about it now.

Biggest incentive to join Ellesborough is the fact that through all this rain they have been closed once - and that was for snow.!
That's good enough for me.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is simple for me - out of all the clubs in the area we have been closed the least often. That is incentive enough.

D

Deleted member 1147

We had a winter competition on the simulator, also I’ve personally been using it a few times for targeted practice, and we’ve been making more improvements to the course over the wet season.

trevor

Head Pro
Visit site
The club itself hasn’t done anything to keep me there but only having been there a year now the members themselves making me feel very welcome is the reason I won’t be going anywhere else and having to start again getting to know members.

Dave1980

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We have been closed for the best part of the last two months and this means that the club is already down on revenue from green fees/ bar takings. Expecting cheap deals to renew will put the club in a bad place. You have to remember we are experiencing freak weather patterns this year and the club is not to blame.

I am happy to pay the normal fees and still have a course to play rather than the club closing and a new housing estate in its place.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My club provides me with a pretty good standard of course, thats a good test of golf all year round unless nature decides otherwise.
It's just one of those things that cant be helped (all the rain) and TBH I would rather have reservoirs full come the summer instead of hosepipe bans.

Sats

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Honestly I don't hold the club for the bad weather. And come the summertime when I'm playing 3-5 times a week I see it as how things are.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Nothing for the weather as that's not the course fault but they are addressing the areas that have flooded historically.
They've already put in place a number of benefits for members anyway including:
  • Reciprocal golf at over a dozen golf clubs
  • Access to James Braid courses throughout the UK (that's not by the club but the benefit of being a James Braid course)
  • Discounts with Golf Kings
  • Discounts in the Pro Shop
  • Discounts on drinks at the bar
  • We even have a fishing loch ?

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
It's not the fault of the club that we're experiencing one of the wettest winters, no there's nothing they can do

GaryK

Assistant Pro
Visit site
In the renewal letter from Whipsnade there was a letter from the Captain stating what work would be done to improve the course..
Having spo,en to the greenkeepers, I highly doubt they will, have the money necessary to do it.
As an example, the bench by the 3rd tee has been standing in a puddle since the beginning of November
This area has always been one of the wettest parts of the course.
One has to wonder why they're only thinking about doing something about it now.

Biggest incentive to join Ellesborough is the fact that through all this rain they have been closed once - and that was for snow.!
That's good enough for me.

Did you win the lottery or something :ROFLMAO: Probably one of the most expensive clubs in the local vicinity!
As you may recall, I was a member at Aylesbury Park until it shut and then moved to WT last year. Probably played no more than 4 or 5 times, so very expensive rounds.
That was partly due to injury, but also didn't like the course layout - renewal at over £1,000 for the year just doesn't seem value there....it's not THAT good a club.
Not sure what I'm doing this year - maybe join the Oxfordshire on their flexi scheme or not bother with membership and play as and when / where and when.