Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
My 9 is 37.5
PW - 43
UW - 48.5
GW - 50
SW - 54
LW - 58

The first three are from my iron set and the last three are Cleveland Rotex wedges. With the lofts getting stronger, there are going to be more ‘wedges’ in the bag. In my case I will probably look to replace the UW with a 46 Cleveland as I rarely find that I need the UW.

D

Deleted member 23344

I use the PW, GW and SW from the same set as the irons (Ping G20 or Taylormade M2), so the gapping is regular. Also have a Vokey SM6 58, which is great for bunkers.

duncan mackie

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you had normal lofted clubs a gap wedge wouldn’t excist
Have to disagree with that.
I've 5 sets of irons, from the 80s through to about 5 years ago for the latest (RBZTour) and my GW has been appropriate to all of them, whether using the sets own SW or my wedge sets 56 (nominal SW).
The PW on all sets goes 105+ and the SW goes 82- so it makes sense to have a club in the bag that does 92

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
not sure of the degree of loft on any of my wedges bar one ,that is the 60 lob wedge ,other than that i have a wedge a gap wedge and a sand wedge.they all go different distances and are all generally used except the 60 during the softer green months.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If you had normal lofted clubs a gap wedge wouldn’t excist

I guess you would have to define ''normal''.
That was part of the reason for the thread, to find out how big the gap was in degrees between peoples 9 iron and SW because when I was growing the gap was about 10 degrees and there was one club that filled the gap.......the 50 deg PW