What football teams do you support?

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Tottenham. COYS!!

You go to the final,Paul? Avram Grant is doing his best to F*** Chelsea up isn't he? Long may it continue... ;) ;)

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Tottenham Hostpur for me aswell. Dont get up there enough for my liking.

I also follow my local team, Gillingham and get down their quite a lot (free tickets from local rag I advertise in) over the course of a season.

Looking forward to the last home game of the season for Gillingham, 1) because it is against Swindon, and we hate Swindon, and 2) because it is a 12.30k/o so it means early start in the pub followed by an elongated post match visit to the boozer also.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Chelsea since I was 11.

Only been to the bridge once though.

Hate Spurs but more specifically Hoddle,hypocritical T***!!

minty18

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I'm a yid! If anyones down the lane for the bolton game next week i'll be in the park if any one cares to join me for a beer!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
I hate chelsea. They are basically what Liverpool were in the 80's and Man U in the 90's. A team whose supporters who are 10% born and bred, 90% glory hunting twats.

I know people who 5 years ago never supported Chelsea and all of a sudden they are born & bred fans.

The whole "glory hunter" thing gets right on my nerves. I have been a spurs fan since day 1 and have followed The Gills since I was old enough to go to footy on my own.

When Gillingham got to the play-off final at Wembley on 2 occassions we sold over 40,000 tickets each time even though the club had an average attendance of 7000 for the season. Was the same when we got promoted from div4, as soon as they were winning there were so many "Lifelong fans" who came out of the woodwork. We always used to sing "were you here when Gills were [****]?" to the newcomers in the Rainham end.

At least no "we won the '66 world cup" west ham fans have come forward yet.

Nico

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Medway

I had to get photo's from me mum with my Chelssea t shirt on to prove I wasnt a glory hunter.

On a previous trip to Portugal (mentioned elsewhere) almost got into a fight with a Palace fan on the trip.

He reckoned I couldnt be a fan because he went every week to the Palace when he was a kid and I had never been to the Bridge. He could not seem to understand that making the journey from our council house in Pembrokeshire was harder than his trip from Croydon!!!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Fulahm for my sins. Use to go and watch Wimbledon before they were promoted to the football league as geographically they were my nearest team but Fulham were my nearest proper team. I went to the 75 cup final and cried my eyes out all the way home (haven't really stopped crying in the next 33 years!!!).

Once Wimbledon got promoted I went to Fulham one week and Wimbledon the next. When I was a teenager I decided I wanted to go to away games so I went home and away with Fulham

nomadpaul

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Medwayjon , i agree that 'gloryhunting' fans are a pain but its the ones who switch between successful teams that really hack me off . I've been supporting the Blues since 1978 , from the age of 10.....whereas the rest of my family are 'un'-happy Hammers . As Chelsea were in the 2nd division at the time , i can hold my head up high when the 'gloryhunter' tag gets banded about.

I'll also admit that the Chelsea support is a bit...errr...fickle , at the best of times ;)

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Liverpool for me also, been over before for trackdays and combined them with getting a match in too, last time was in 2003 ish liverpool vs valencia (uefa cup iirc) we lost 1-0. Embarassingly ive been to old trafford more than ive been to anfield because my brother and his mates are all man u fans, in my defence, I never clapped or smiled once!

Yidio

Assistant Pro
Visit site
No gooners yet? That would upset old Arsene....

jr4r3s.jpg

Maybe not.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Forrrrrrrrrr est

ohhhh, we hate derby and we hate derby. We are the derby hay ters......

Tottenham - never forgiven you for '91. Gascoyne should have been sent off on that stretcher.

The Gills - when you going to buy a decent away stand? Remember the Johnstons Paint Trophy thriller last year?

Leicester - come on down... (we ain't coming up to you)

Fulham - too inoccuous to dislike

Liverpool & Chelsea - money can't buy me love....

Anyone else we don't like... well pretty much everyone

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
Forest? they used to be in the same league as liverpool et al didnt they, I think I remember, it was years ago. Am I right? Back when Cloughie was the manager and sweatshirts were in the final strangles of touchline fashion.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Come on you ChairBoys!!!!

The mighty Wycombe Wanderers who once held Jackie Charlton's league topping Middlesboro to a 0-0 in the FA cup 3rd round. We were about 8 leagues below them at the time.
And we've had some good cup runs lately - league 2 play-offs and a trip to Wembley for the final beckon.