What are your clubs comp scores like under the new system?

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
I think over 40 points has won all of our comps so far, generally with people on high handicaps too.

I played a better ball pairs comp at the weekend, off 85%. We finished 4th on 40 points. The 3 teams ahead of us all finished on 43 points.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
We had our first monthly stableford at the weekend, the course playing long off the back blocks. Two divisions, both won with 40 points. Nothing outrageous, but early days..........

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s seems to be settling down a 45 pats won first competition back. Strangely from the 12-22 hc range. But the scores are coming down, or the conditions and consistency is still a bit off for the competitors.
I had a 15th place and went down which is unusual and then had a really bad round and was static purely because of my scoring record not changing .. so early days, and I think once I adjust my mindset I won’t lie awake worrying about it all.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Looking at the first medal , nett 65 won by a 10 handicap, about 10 people under par. Stableford won with 39 points, single figures for people scoring better than 36 so no real change from pre WHS

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Last week's winner was net 63 - par is 69 so that's 6 under handicap. His handicap is (or was) 37..

Week before that winner was net 65 off of 12.

The Fader

Visit site
Our first qualifier last Saturday off the whites. A stableford.

134 entrants split fairly evenly across the divisions

Nothing outrageous - Div 1 won with 38pts, Div 2 won with 41pts, Div 3 won with 37pts

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We had our first comp today, the most popular one at the club, the mid-week stableford. Unfortunately I was unable to play.

We use Club V1 for booking and recording and everything else, so I am able to follow the scores through the day. Imagine my surprise to see a 34 Hc come in with 94 points. Imagine my further surprise when on checking the 2s sweep he has returned six 2s and eight holes in 1.

It's obvious to me that the WHS is seriously flawed:unsure:

Seen that a few times with players new to the PSI system/comps.

D

Deleted member 21258

Only two comp/roll ups so far at home club, 33 won 1st one and 33 & 36 won the 2nd (two divisions on this comp)

Springveldt

Visit site
Just checked and we've had a few comps, both medal and stableford already. Course rating is 71
nett 67 - 26 handicap
nett 65 - 28 handicap
38 points - 6 handicap
39 points - 13 handicap
46 points - 25 handicap

The course is a par 70, rating 71.1 and slope of 139. It's usually a pretty hard course for higher handicaps since it's really tight.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
The bandit at the Kings shot 39 points on a shocking day with high winds and snow, won section two by 5 points and beat the best score in section one by the same and that was after he was chopped two strokes by the new handicap sec after a lot of complaints after he won the winter comps and allience again. on a 6600 yard course

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The bandit at the Kings shot 39 points on a shocking day with high winds and snow, won section two by 5 points and beat the best score in section one by the same and that was after he was chopped two strokes by the new handicap sec after a lot of complaints after he won the winter comps and allience again. on a 6600 yard course

Is he a bandit because he has manufactured a "fake" handicap or is he just someone who is improving quickly?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Is he a bandit because he has manufactured a "fake" handicap or is he just someone who is improving quickly?
True bandit, posted about him before was of 5 got the hump because he was cut lower, then delib went up, won the winter allience many times rakes in the money most weeks, cleans up in club knock outs and Texas scrambles. the allience cut him to 5 but still wins off that, his playing handicap when WHS came in was 16, lots of complaints after he won all the handicap winter comps... again so they did an AR and cut him to 10 PH 12... nothing has been done about him before when there was plenty of ev.... FYI he was even handicap sec for a few years:LOL: