What are your clubs comp scores like under the new system?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
most clubs will be into comps by now so what are the scores like at yours?

we've had 3 comps now and all have been dominated by guys who's handicaps were increased under the new system. Admittedly most of ours under the old system were dominated by low handicaps, both stablefords have been won with 45 points, which is almost unheard of esp this time of year., even the ladies scores are better

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
My club has had 6 stablefords since startup. Best overall points score has been won by a Division 1 player (sub 11 index I think) on 4 occasions and 2 by Div 2 players. The points score looks pretty normal and the leaders in Div 1 and 2 have been fairly close. No stupid big scores recorded yet, biggest points score was 39 points.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
My old club
Winning scores for 1st 2 comps of year
Saturday 3rd april..... 45 points
Saturday 10th april.... 48 points

By the same player, winning both...!!

My new club has its 1st comps this weekend coming up

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The scores at our club have generally been very poor to really estimate. Just one really good score and that was from someone with a single figure handicap, just an amazing score given the conditions he shot a gross 1 under par and was the only player under par nett.

Yesterday's comp only 4 players with a score nett better than par. The best gross player was one over his handicap. Mind in our Mondays comps the vast majority of the field will have a full handicap record of 20 scores.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I'm waiting to get my official HC so haven't played a comp yet. But did have a quick look at the scores. Some of which are very interesting.

Over Easter there was 4 days of mixed comps running. The first day was comfortably won by a player of 38. Who's HC went up to 40 the following day where the player came 2nd. The same player then won the final day with 44 points off 40 HC. 12 points clear of 2nd place.

There seems to be a mix of either low or high HCs winning ours where there aren't enough entries to form divisions.

moogie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just set fire to a fiver in the car park to cut out the middleman!?

Did the chap get his 48 off a reduced handicap from the one used to get 45?

Apparently so.... Yes
Think he was off about 24 in 1st comp
In the 2nd comp, he had 9 pars, and 1 birdie, the birdie came on the stroke index 1 hole too!!

Off 16.9
Last I seen

He will be very popular I'm guessing

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First comp back was 66 -6 mid teen capper.
36 hole was won by a scratch player 74 76 on a horrible day not one person played to handicap.

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
We have only had one qualifier, April's monthly medal and it was won by a junior, playing off 12 who came in 4 under handicap. Only 2 other players came in under handicap and one of those was a new member playing off 29 who is now off 26 thanks to that knock. I shot 7 over so it was not one of my best 8 out of last 20 so didn't alter my handicap.

D

Deleted member 3432

Our first comp is tomorrow, yellow tee stableford and medals start on Saturday.

Could be interesting.......

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It’s odd me and a PP are playing off 16.1 And 16.5. The course off whites = 19 less 95% 18. anyway last two rounds tricky Trev has shot 40 points and (67) Today winning. That’s with a 7 on the first par four and a 7 on the last par five.
It’s a medal today and only 25 have entered the comp yet Thursday is a 9 holes and al bet 50 plus players are in it.
Ave a feeling some players are still feeling there way into the new Hcap system.

Golfnut1957

Visit site
We had our first comp today, the most popular one at the club, the mid-week stableford. Unfortunately I was unable to play.

We use Club V1 for booking and recording and everything else, so I am able to follow the scores through the day. Imagine my surprise to see a 34 Hc come in with 94 points. Imagine my further surprise when on checking the 2s sweep he has returned six 2s and eight holes in 1.

It's obvious to me that the WHS is seriously flawed:unsure:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We had our first comp today, the most popular one at the club, the mid-week stableford. Unfortunately I was unable to play.

We use Club V1 for booking and recording and everything else, so I am able to follow the scores through the day. Imagine my surprise to see a 34 Hc come in with 94 points. Imagine my further surprise when on checking the 2s sweep he has returned six 2s and eight holes in 1.

Could it not be that they don't know how to fill the scores in correctly? They can't seriously have 94 points. (Apologies if I have missed a gag here)

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

Do you have 6 par 3’s? Or are some of the 2’s eagles?

Sounds like an incorrect score card

D

Deleted member 3432

Kim jong un?