Are your lofts what you think?

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Agreed 4 degrees ‘tolerance’ is shocking, but even if the 9i and 8i are the same loft if the 9i club/shaft is shorter as is usual, then it will still fly a bit less far compared to the longer 8i - as club length affects swing speed and therefore distance

As per my response regarding the 9i incorrect loft, there’s was 5-10yards difference between my wedge and 9i which I put down to shaft length with around 25-30 yards difference between my 9i to 8i. Once corrected there was equally around 15 yards difference between every iron.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Whilst I agree that lofts should be what is advertit, can’t help feeling we should be taking this video with a pinch of salt as a lot (most?) people who post these sort of things have a bit of a hidden agenda. They like to be ‘controversial’ to get a few likes

Jason.H

Visit site
You can with forged heads just get them checked and adjusted. Il get mine checked before March though my gapping seems to be good.

D

Deleted member 31467

I find this talk of up to 4 degrees out on new clubs hard to believe with modern production techniques and machinery.

RichA

Visit site
Had the lofts on my 40-year old Mizuno MP-60s checked when I had the lie angles adjusted. All lofts were within 1° of original spec.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
You can also easily do the same with cast clubs. Common myth that you "can't".
I didn't realise this, always had forged heads before my current set which are cast. Had forged checked every couple of years. When I had a set of mp62 the 7 and 9 irons both had to be bent back, 7 had moved the most as these where the two clubs I used the most on a range. Less of an issue now I'm a confirmed range dodger ?