• Temp Testing

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Nothing

Votes: 34 54.0%

• Total voters

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
I'm sure you are right. It is so new to people right now that people I see with masks are constantly faffing on with them. I'm sure over time that will reduce. By the time we have got the hang of it the virus will likely have disappeared though, we wish!

It is whatever you’re used to. After years of operating theatres and intensive care I don’t give it a second thought, whereas HID can’t leave it alone.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Permanently carry bottle of hand sanitiser and use it regularly.

And have recently bought some masks - but I'll only wear the mask when its compulsory to do so. (As an aside, have tried the masks and my glasses steam up each time I breath out? Any one else found the same problems?).

In the main I rely on keeping good social distancing

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

And have recently bought some masks - but I'll only wear the mask when its compulsory to do so. (As an aside, have tried the masks and my glasses steam up each time I breath out? Any one else found the same problems?).

Yup the sunglasses /reading glasses steam up
Once you find the right spot to wear each then it doesn't happen but annoying in early days

Trial and error for me

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

If they are FFP3 masks it means the seal isn't working. I often have the same issue each morning putting mine on and then putting my glasses back on and the easiest solution is to squeeze the joint around the bridge of the nose to make a better seal.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was tempted to tick nothing but it brought thoughts of the drummer to mind.

I would hate to get nicked for flashing.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
WARNING ON HAND GELS

As summer heats up, don't leave them in the car. Seen a few pics recently of the aftermath of them catching fire.

I remember once leaving a can of fizzy drink in the car and it exploding to due freezing overnight temperatures.

PS thanks for the warning last post was just a joke. I have already noticed temps over 30 in my car when coming back to it from golf.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Currently there are only three places I go

1. To the golf course and there are hand sanitisers provided.
2. To fill up with diesel and I use the gloves provided all year round any way, although I keep some spares in the car in case they have run out.
3 Shopping - if the local shop I just wash my hands when I get home and if one in town I use the gel I keep in the car.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Thing is though we are bombarded with "wash at 30 to save energy". BTW, has to be a 60 wash for bedding.

most modern washing powders are designed to be effective at 30 degrees and some say they loose effectiveness at much higher temperatures if a particular stain that worries you spray it with an bio cleaner before it goes in the machine. If you are going to continue with 60 then use a non bio powder.

The reason washing machines are now cold fill is because modern washing powders etc are designed to effective when being slowly heated up.

Having said all that the medical advice is that the temperature needs to be 60 degrees to kill the virus !!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Worth remembering that none of us are washing our hands at 60°
As with clothes when washing we're only expecting to clean it i.e wash it away, not kill it

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Depends on the situation..haven't worn a mask yet.. I find they make my glasses steam up so avoid it as I end up touching my face!

I do however have some masks that work gave us aside that if I need I'll wear or give to the wife when she needs.

Gloves I wear when shopping

Hand sanitizer I have in the cars and apply when needed after shopping etc

Temp test semi do, we have a very good thermometer we use for little lady when she sick. Every few days at work I'll check my temp just keep an eye

Can't be too careful

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Worth remembering that none of us are washing our hands at 60°
As with clothes when washing we're only expecting to clean it i.e wash it away, not kill it

I believe that on the top of Mount Everest water boils at 60ºC.
Just saying.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I'm at my desk at home, so I'm wearing baggy boxer shorts, a wife beater undershirt, a light bathrobe, and house slippers.
I'm quite comfortable, actually.

When I was out walking Molly a bit earlier, I wore proper khaki trousers, a polo shirt, socks, sneakers (trainers?), a broad brimmed Panama hat, my dark eyeglasses, and a surgical mask.
No latex gloves, but I'd wear them for other kinds of excursions. I did have plastic bags, made for the purpose, to pick up Molly's excrement as required by law. (People in America walk around carrying *** now.)

When Molly wants to walk again, I'll put my clothes back on as the neighbors prefer that, at least in my case.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Depends on the situation..haven't worn a mask yet.. I find they make my glasses steam up so avoid it as I end up touching my face!

I do however have some masks that work gave us aside that if I need I'll wear or give to the wife when she needs.

Gloves I wear when shopping

Hand sanitizer I have in the cars and apply when needed after shopping etc

Temp test semi do, we have a very good thermometer we use for little lady when she sick. Every few days at work I'll check my temp just keep an eye

Can't be too careful
Which type of mask are you using (surgical of FFP3 type). I have found the FFP3 steam my glasses but have been told it's a sign the seal isn't tight so play around with the wire bridge. Work are providing those that use public transport with a surgical mast and gloves to use for the homeward journey

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Which type of mask are you using (surgical of FFP3 type). I have found the FFP3 steam my glasses but have been told it's a sign the seal isn't tight so play around with the wire bridge. Work are providing those that use public transport with a surgical mast and gloves to use for the homeward journey

Surgical , cheap and simple it seems

sunshine

Visit site
I wear PPE already as part of my job. I always wear a balaclava, ski mask and gloves when committing armed robbery.