• Temp Testing

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Nothing

Votes: 34 54.0%

• Total voters

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
What about the constant adjustment, readjustment of masks? People pulling them down, pulling them up? Each time touching their faces. I've seen that repeatedly with people wearing them in supermarkets.

They only work if people stop fiddling around with them. If not they end up being worse.

Yup we definitely need to get 'fitted' for our PPE :LOL:

seriously, using the right size gloves (I have two sizes in the office for the guys to help themselves to) stops tears and loose fittings & annoyance
some masks are uncomfortable, i've tried several to find two kinds I'm happiest with & I adjust them less than others & also the more I wear them the less I touch my face because you do get used to them too and touch/adjust less just because its not a new thing anymore

remember all that initial fidgeting when you switched from Yfronts to boxers, its like that :ROFLMAO:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yup we definitely need to get 'fitted' for our PPE :LOL:

seriously, using the right size gloves (I have two sizes in the office for the guys to help themselves to) stops tears and loose fittings & annoyance
some masks are uncomfortable, i've tried several to find two kinds I'm happiest with & I adjust them less than others & also the more I wear them the less I touch my face because you do get used to them too and touch/adjust less just because its not a new thing anymore

remember all that initial fidgeting when you switched from Yfronts to boxers, its like that :ROFLMAO:
I'm sure you are right. It is so new to people right now that people I see with masks are constantly faffing on with them. I'm sure over time that will reduce. By the time we have got the hang of it the virus will likely have disappeared though, we wish!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
I'm sure you are right. It is so new to people right now that people I see with masks are constantly faffing on with them. I'm sure over time that will reduce. By the time we have got the hang of it the virus will likely have disappeared though, we wish!

I hope so I really do, it'll be money I will be delighted to have wasted ... but I've not seen anyone say that this is a once-off event. Everyone is saying its going to be around for a while and will cycle round again, and the kicker for me is; I just don't see how to avoid another lockdown if the ability for it to be spread/transmitted isn't greatly minimised by the general public compared to where we were 5 months ago & PPE is just one part of the measures we'll need

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am a life long habitual finger nail biter. I won't wear gloves or mask unless I'm forced to.
I work on domestic white goods in people houses, so germs are plentiful around me. I have used a high alcohol content hand sanitizer gel for years every time I leave a property and after every time I use a garage fuel pump (it's also very good for removing diesel taint from your skin).
The modern consumer I feel is very lax in hygene, for example washing bedding and towels that are contaminated with bacteria at 30*.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Back at work and only wearing gloves at the minute, that's mainly because I'm usually left to my own devices when in a factory and everyone seems to be socially distancing quite well. I have masks, hand gel and other cleaning stuff should I need it.
To be honest, I think I'm more at risk opening the door to a shop or some knob standing right next to me in Morissons than catching it in the workplace.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
I am a life long habitual finger nail biter. I won't wear gloves or mask unless I'm forced to.
I work on domestic white goods in people houses, so germs are plentiful around me. I have used a high alcohol content hand sanitizer gel for years every time I leave a property and after every time I use a garage fuel pump (it's also very good for removing diesel taint from your skin).
The modern consumer I feel is very lax in hygene, for example washing bedding and towels that are contaminated with bacteria at 30*.

Thing is though we are bombarded with "wash at 30 to save energy". BTW, has to be a 60 wash for bedding.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What about those quick 15 minute washes - shudders
They're just a warm rinse, and are meant for nothing more than washing something like a clean garment thats been dropped in dust or something.
It makes me laugh when I go to a property and the adult present asks me to remove my shoes as "they have a baby". I decline but put overshoes on. Then I find out they are washing everything on 30*.........

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Nothing - though we have had a few masks made for us by a friend, and we will start wearing them if things get too busy in places we have to go more frequently. The only place we go is one of two town centre supermarkets - and we choose to go when they are quiet. Yesterday evening there was no queue at all to get into our regular supermarket.

We also take tissues with us when we go out so that if we have to touch something with a hand we don't have to touch it with a bare hand. We wash our hands thoroughly the moment we get into the house after being out.

Jamesbrown

Head Pro
Visit site
I just wash my hands and sanitize them throughout the day as I have always done. People don’t wash their hands after using the loo, and my dogs wash their own bottoms. So I like to wash my hands too much!

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have never seen any hand sanitizer or facemasks on sale in any of the shops I have visited since lockdown. My understanding was that gin distillers and the likes were turning production to these products, but I haven't seen them!

PaulS

Visit site
Early doors but surprised in the poll result for no PPE at all (particularly if you take the 2 overseas forumers out of the poll) As I say its early but kinda suggests that no PPE really being used outside the workplace for folks in the UK and I guess that’s down to the Gov not stipulating it to be used so maybe it’s not really a surprise

No expert of course but personally I think it can only be a matter of time before the UK introduce its use by the general public (maybe when they want to open up society further in early June)
Seen more examples of people wearing poor PPE and thinking they are invincible

It won’t be introduced here beyond on public transport where you can’t apply social distancing

Poor PPE is worse than none , people think they are immune walking around in the same pair of gloves they have had on all day , wearing the same mask they have wiped their faces with.

You can go about your daily business being clean and apply social distancing measures without the need for gloves and face masks.

Backache

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I only go between work and home, haven't been anywhere else apart from petrol station and walks for two months now.
I will wear s mask of I go into a shop.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Visiting one of the major supermarkets, today, for the first time since lockdown... My feeling was that whilst the majority of shoppers endeavoured to distance whether they were masked or not... The staff appeared to feel they were invincible and appeared to be making little effort to distance and the majority were not masked... Perhaps being 'exposed' to the possibility of infection daily has seen them become a little glib/lax...

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Visiting one of the major supermarkets, today, for the first time since lockdown... My feeling was that whilst the majority of shoppers endeavoured to distance whether they were masked or not... The staff appeared to feel they were invincible and appeared to be making little effort to distance and the majority were not masked... Perhaps being 'exposed' to the possibility of infection daily has seen them become a little glib/lax...

My daughter went for an interview at Morissons earlier today, seeing how some staff act in that store I couldn't think of a worse part time job to go for.
#slightlyconcerned

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My daughter went for an interview at Morissons earlier today, seeing how some staff act in that store I couldn't think of a worse part time job to go for.
#slightlyconcerned
There is a new Morrisons behind our factory, only open a month now. All new staff, newly trained, only used to working in the currect circumstances in that shop. At the door everything is immaculately done, once in the aisles the staff make no attempt to distance at all. It is quite noticeable how they move around without thought. Maybe it is impractical to expect people working in a supermarket to try to distance at all times? Either way, if they can not get it right in a new store with new staff then what hope elsewhere? It suggests training is not so great, backed up by your comment.

Is there a garden centre nearby she could work at? At least they tend to be more spacious, some outdoor work where it is less likely to transmit?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes there's a couple, I'll suggest it to her (y)
My son worked in one by us for a summer. It was fairly laid back, a pleasant place to work. You don't tend to get angry or bolshie people in garden centres.

His proudest moment there was refusing to give Matt Ritchie a discount on some garden furniture. 'Score a few more goals Matt and you would have stood a chance' was the comment he made to me after :LOL: