What are you drinking tonight?

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Got my annual fitness test this evening for work but once that's done and dusted I'll be celebrating with some form of craft beer!

U

User62651

Like a dark beer so have a good supply of Cairngorm Black Gold - lovely stuff! My local tesco has it.

C

c1973

No one have tea or coca cola? No? :)

Quite partial to a wee Aberlour on occasion, but I like a cuppa or some coke wae ma tea (dinner).

Sponge1980

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I seem to have developed a taste for IPA's recently. My current favourite is one from the local brewery called Duke IPA so having one of them now. Have any of you guys that like the odd craft beer ever tried homebrewing. I started doing it a couple of years ago. Quite surprising what you can make for yourself. I started off just using kits but have recently tried adding my own grains and hops.

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Partial to a Chimay or an Omer. Had some monastery brews last time i was there, wow! couple of them and that was me out for the count!

I was at the Wigan - Hull Fc rugby game on Friday, with my mate.

No we are both ex royal navy and have had (in years gone by) some pretty good beer fitness levels.

We had a fairly quiet night, mainly as i had 18 booked in first thing on Saturday.

Few beers before the game, 2 or 3 Worthingtons in the ground and was feeling great. We then stopped in a new craft ale pub in town.

Both sunk a Chimey Blue or three........ then started on a Kwak.

I was talking to my pal, when i realized, he was talking absolute gobbledygook gook. I was thinking "blimey mate" whats happened to you?

We used to drink like fish and now you are a proper lightweight. I felt pretty sober to be honest so tried to tell him to man up......

Unfortunately it was then i realised i was absolutely leathered also

Ha

My body was in total control and my mind seemed as sharp as normal

My speech however...

Gone :eek: I could not string a couple of words together for love nor money

Strange stuff that Trappist beer. Very strange

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have a couple of those in the larder, Kwak on the other hand is one of my least fav Belgian beers

Got to agree to be honest on the Kwak front.

Very syrupy

Do love the Chimey Red and Blue though. Not a massive fan of the Yellow.

Quite like one called "la Chouffe", but it is fire water.

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seeing as its Friday night and I'm a right classy bustard I'm currently firing into a few bottles of Erdinger which will be followed up later with a chicken tikka & donner on a Naan.

Ive had it on draught before but I've only just noticed it in bottles at the local Tesco.
As nice/clean/crisp as anything else out there :thup:

bluewolf

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was at the Wigan - Hull Fc rugby game on Friday, with my mate.

No we are both ex royal navy and have had (in years gone by) some pretty good beer fitness levels.

We had a fairly quiet night, mainly as i had 18 booked in first thing on Saturday.

Few beers before the game, 2 or 3 Worthingtons in the ground and was feeling great. We then stopped in a new craft ale pub in town.

Both sunk a Chimey Blue or three........ then started on a Kwak.

I was talking to my pal, when i realized, he was talking absolute gobbledygook gook. I was thinking "blimey mate" whats happened to you?

We used to drink like fish and now you are a proper lightweight. I felt pretty sober to be honest so tried to tell him to man up......

Unfortunately it was then i realised i was absolutely leathered also

Ha

My body was in total control and my mind seemed as sharp as normal

My speech however...

Gone :eek: I could not string a couple of words together for love nor money

Strange stuff that Trappist beer. Very strange

let me guess... The new place near the station? I was in there a week or so ago and they were selling a Russian Stout at 11%, along with a fair few Euro ales at > 6%. Busy place as well. Will be heading back soon.