What are ECCO shoes like fit-wise?

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
good selection half price on their website

https://www.eccoshoesuk.com/golf/c95

I thought i had normal width feet (size 9), but the last pair of golf shoes I bought, I tried on a few different makes (FJ, Adidas and Nike) and the were all tight width-wise. I tried Callaway and they fitted ok, but they are leaking after 4 or 5 months so are going back.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
i have quite wide feet and i just take my normal shoes size in the BioM and Hybrid.

i suggest going somewhere that sells them and trying on in a shop if possible as everyone is different.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The ones at £55 are hugely tempting, cheap for Ecco, but they are not waterproof and I find shoes are incredibly difficult to buy without trying on unless you have narrow feet.

Rudebhoy, if you have time on your hands there is an Ecco shop in the Metro centre. Have a trip there, try them on for size. No playing golf up here today so something to do with your time :D

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The ones at £55 are hugely tempting, cheap for Ecco, but they are not waterproof and I find shoes are incredibly difficult to buy without trying on unless you have narrow feet.

Rudebhoy, if you have time on your hands there is an Ecco shop in the Metro centre. Have a trip there, try them on for size. No playing golf up here today so something to do with your time :D

if you can, pay the extra £30 and get the biom hybrids imo, much much better shoe

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I hate the Metro Centre with a passion, I only go there when I really really have to. AG stock Ecco, and I need to take the current shoes back there, so might pop up to Gosforth and try them on.

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have 3 pairs and my normal shoe size fits me. I often struggle with other brands being too narrow but Ecco fit me perfectly.

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
i had some cage's and they where the worst shoe's ive owned when it comes to comfort. i now have some ecco cools and they are the best I've owned

Chisteve

Head Pro
Visit site
I use to wear Ecco - but I think my feet are quite wide and always found them tight for my size so went up a size

I have a couple of pairs of Sketchers now and found them a much better fit for me 8.5

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Phoned the Ecco Metro Centre store, they were still wanting full price (£160) for the Cage, however AG had a pair in stock when I went to take the leaking Callaways back. Tried them on and fitted very nicely.

£97.50 in store as opposed to £80 on Ecco website (£90 on AG website). Asked them to price match with Ecco, and they were happy to do so. Result!

Roops

Head Pro
Visit site
Love ecco's. The most comfy shoes I have ever worn. Size wise I would edge towards a slightly smaller size to start with as the leather seems to give a bit. If you buy online you can return free of charge. The newer versions seem to be more water proof than the older ones. Don't bother with their cleaning/waterproof products, waste of money. Get some nikwax for waterproofing and clean with damp cloth and some weak washing up liquid.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Phoned the Ecco Metro Centre store, they were still wanting full price (£160) for the Cage, however AG had a pair in stock when I went to take the leaking Callaways back. Tried them on and fitted very nicely.

£97.50 in store as opposed to £80 on Ecco website (£90 on AG website). Asked them to price match with Ecco, and they were happy to do so. Result!

How did they compare size wise? Good result by the way.