What a week!!!!

Redwood

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Well, where do I start?

It all started with 14 holes of golf last Saturday, which I enjoyed despite the weathers attempts at sabotage (although it did win in the end). Saturday evening arrived and we'd just put our daughter to bed and I was looking forward to a nice glass or red with the missus when i started to get bad back pain, more precisely around my left kidney.

I went to the local medical centre after the pain got much worse and ended up in A&E in Barnstaple after been given 10mg of morphine and a brief ambulance ride. Managed to get the pain under control and spent the rest of the week to and from doctors and xrays etc to find out I had kidney stones.

To cut a very long story to only a long one I'm writing this post from my hospital bed in Barnstaple after being admitted on Friday and having an op to place a stent in the urethra just below the kidney to prevent a blockage by the stones that would have caused kidney failure.

All is good now (apart from blood coming from wrong hole) and hopefully I will be returning home tomorrow and playing golf next weekend. :) ;)

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ouch! Hope you get well soon. I guess if there is some comfort to be gained it is winter and not much golf to be had. Better now than in the summer I suppose. :)

evahakool

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hope your better after your op and back playing soon Women say giving birth is more painfall than kidney stones!! Why do they exaggerate everything :) :)

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
As you lay in your hospital bed, you'll have plenty of time to think - to re-assess your game - read all the instructional tips in the mags - to plan how you're gonna come out fighting :eek: You know it makes sense :D

Get well soon :cool:

Golfmmad.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've decided to not bother with a 3wood as I've never been able to hit one very well. Find it a lot easier to hit a 5 wood. :cool:

Golfmmad.

RGDave

Money List Winner
Visit site
What can I say? Sounds terrible and pretty scary.....get well soon, we'll all keep our finger's crossed for you.

Pants

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Could there ever be "another" Homergate?

There are indeed some (currently unsubstantiated) rumours that Homer may in fact have been the other man in the Woods relationship. Police are investigating the bleeding on Tiger's lips and cheeks and are calling for the dental records of Mrs Woods and a Mr H J Simpson.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Hi Lee,
Hope you got home safe and sound and you get well soon.
Don't rush back to the course. You don't want to spend christmas in hospital ? :(