What’s your golfing target for 2021?

MarkT

GM Forum Editor
Visit site
One for the website - now we’re all back playing have you got a specific goal for this year?

Funny or serious, anything works

Mine remains to hit a normal chip under pressure (and find a normal pair of golf trousers)

Last edited:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Playing wise I would like to be at single figure level, there is a way to go yet but this is the first year where I will be playing regularly and having regular lessons.

On a more relaxed level, I’m looking forward to evening golf in the summer with the wife and child walking the course with me

Boomy

Visit site
Target 1. Not split these fancy fitted trews bending down to get the ball out of the hole... these lockdown calories haven’t done anything good for the old kite!

Target 2. Lose lockdown calories.

Target 3. Enjoy as much fresh air, adventures and golf as possible.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Mine was to try and get to single figures but I'm nowhere near and will be playing a lot less golf in a couple of months time... my aim is now to break 80, which I feel is doable at my home course. Just.

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Same goal as every year . To finish lower that i start handicap wise . With a hope of a medal or scratch cup win in there too .

Hoping for interupted golf b more realistic i guess

Yorkhacker

Visit site
To have the bottle to put the first 3 cards in to get a handicap. I go to pieces when under pressure and hate commiting to anything, least of all saying 'right, this one's going to count'

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Now that I've joined a proper golf club my first aim is simply to play as much as possible! Second aim is to break 80 - same as last year, but I didn't quite manage it, shooting 80 once and 81 a couple of times. And handicap wise, I'm off 15 index now, I would like to get down to 12 or 13 which I think would be a decent level for me. I've got 35 and 34 points last two times out, with awful short game and rubbish putting, so working on that is the obvious place to start.

Lastly, convince my dad to join the club as well (nearly there I think), and play with him as much as I can so he reaches a decent level and enjoys it more.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Buy new clubs; learn to love them; and get down to cat 1. Well the first two are mine for me - the last is my pros objective for me...he also thinks he can get me round in level par...I’d think he’s mistaking me for someone else - like a half decent player...