What’s your golfing target for 2021?

The Dog.

Visit site
Get handicap below 2. Play a couple of new courses in the top 100 and see if I can get down to Portugal with my clubs before the end of the year.

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Enjoy playing golf again.

Try and qualify for the Senior British Open.

Don't know if you are still dropping in, belatedly caught up on your travails - sorry to hear about the back. Missed a couple of comps myself but not to the same degree.
Fingers crossed...

TogoPresley

Visit site
1. Get my new clubs - heads in tomorrow.
2. Single figure handicap - basically need a couple of 83s in the next few rounds.
3. Break 80 - shot 80 and couple of 81s with some very obvious mistakes recently, frustrating!

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I guess thata #(apologies...i've bben om an berwing meeting this ewveniugn and my tyoing is abyrsml) i8l be very happy if mmy index is down to single figures byr the end oif octiober .

cnt expect more than that...we;ll ican b ut my finmgers cant convey it vian the keyboard

Shot a gross 74 tonight (best score for six years according to my playing history) which along with a few other decent recent rounds should see me down to 8.7.

Target achieved 3 months early!!!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Mine was to try and get to single figures but I'm nowhere near and will be playing a lot less golf in a couple of months time... my aim is now to break 80, which I feel is doable at my home course. Just.

Just seen this pop back on the front page and thought I'd update that I achieved this back in May with a 78. Of course my form then dropped off a cliff and I never got near to replicating it for a couple of month but I've had a couple of very low 80s scores recently so hopefully I can manage it again but in a competition round.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I didn't really set any targets, as I didn't really know what to expect of my golf as a returning player.

But now I've been playing regularly and almost have some consistency I have a couple of goals.

Firstly, and most importantly. I'm trying to get a consistent ball flight. I'm currently hitting it a bit too high and a bit too spinney which is causing inconsistency with distance control. I've had a couple of lessons to try and sort it.

This should hopefully improve GIR or at least proximity to the green. And help being confident picking a landing spot.

I'd like to think I can break 80 and get my index into single figures. Currently sitting at 10.3

BobbyP

Visit site
1. Start playing again after 20 years out of the game (TICK)
2. Re-discover my love for golf (TICK)
3. Get to a stage where I'm not walking off the course frustrated after each round (IN PROGRESS BUT GETTING THERE!)

bradleywedge

Visit site
I play different courses so don't have an official handicap. I put all my scores into golfshake which determines an approx. hcap. My goal at start of season was to get down to 15 (off 18), I have achieved that, but just crept up slightly 15.5 now, aim is to just try and stay round there and cut out the 100+ rounds (of which I have only had 1 in the last 11 rounds), so getting there.