What’s your golfing target for 2021?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Had a lesson today with the intention of hitting the fairway more often with my drives. if that happens my score will drop.

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
1. Play the Old Course with the missus - I've played it before, she hasn't - going to do it via the ballot.

2. Photograph a professional tournament - preferable the Women's Open at Carnoustie but the Dunhill Links will do - missed it badly last year.

3. Play lots of golf and enjoy it.

Beedee

Assistant Pro
Visit site
1. To play enough golf at my club to get the cost per round lower than a visitor's green fee (last couple of years have been strange, what with one thing and another).
2. To end the year with my HI lower than now.
3. To regain my the society tour trophy in the Algarve this autumn (or even just to be able to play golf in the Algarve this autumn).

davidy233

Tour Rookie
www.davidyoungphoto.co.uk
1. To play enough golf at my club to get the cost per round lower than a visitor's green fee (last couple of years have been strange, what with one thing and another).
2. To end the year with my HI lower than now.
3. To regain my the society tour trophy in the Algarve this autumn (or even just to be able to play golf in the Algarve this autumn).
Interesting point as I thought of how many rounds I'd have to play to be saving money by comparison with visitors fees as I was walking back from the course tonight - I've played our Monifieth Medal course six times since April 1st and at the moment it's £70 a round (it's £95 from May) so I'm well on the way to being in profit (my season ticket for both courses is £560) just two weeks into the season.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
The goal every year seems to be to get back to single figures. Having got there a number of years ago, and stayed there for some time, I started to believe my own hype a little too much, had a series of lessons, and it all unravelled big time.

For years I was in the doldrums - hitting it badly, hating golf, and regularly scoring 20 strokes more than I had done previously.

The last eighteen months has seen another turnaround. I won two board comps last year, love the game again and am starting to hit the ball really well consistently. Covid got in the way of the single figures goal last year, but I’m back within touching distance and I think the WHS will help me get there.

Or maybe I’ll just cut and paste this post in January ‘22............ ?

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
I guess thata #(apologies...i've bben om an berwing meeting this ewveniugn and my tyoing is abyrsml) i8l be very happy if mmy index is down to single figures byr the end oif octiober .

cnt expect more than that...we;ll ican b ut my finmgers cant convey it vian the keyboard

MrGrumtastic

Visit site
In ascending order of difficulty:
1. Have a round without any triples.
2. Have a round without any 7s (or more!)
3. Break 80

I broke 90 for the first time last year, and managed to get as low as 85, so feel that 80 this year is a stretch but not entirely unrealistic.

RichA

Visit site
At the moment I'll settle for a round when I don't make any bloody stupid mistakes......could be a long year..
Just one round where I play every sensible shot. Don't try to follow every mistake with a worldy to make up for it. Don't think I can thread the ball between those 2 trees. Don't feel imaginary pressure to rush the 2 foot putts without checking them first. Don't concentrate so hard on trying to make a perfect swing that I forget to concentrate on watching the ball.
Leave the driver and the 60° in the garage.
Relax more and remember I'm playing golf for recreation, not for some idiotic dream of ever being "a golfer".

Edit: that's me talking about myself, not responding to your post with unqualified advice.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
An objective rather than a target for me is to be standing over the ball on certain holes with an iron in hand and not thing about Lucy Locket.
I don't think that ever completely leaves you to be honest. I haven't hit a Hilary Swank in quite a while now, but it's still in the back of my mind when I'm over the ball. Partly to make sure I do the things that I think prevents me doing one though. I reckon the moment I stop considering the possibility of hitting one, is one I'll relax too much and hit one. :LOL:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
I don't think that ever completely leaves you to be honest. I haven't hit a Hilary Swank in quite a while now, but it's still in the back of my mind when I'm over the ball. Partly to make sure I do the things that I think prevents me doing one though. I reckon the moment I stop considering the possibility of hitting one, is one I'll relax too much and hit one. :LOL:
It’s usually when I forget to do what I think I must do that I do one. However having had a custom fitting session today I believe i have an answer...but it’ll cost me...?

D

Deleted member 21258

Play, play and play and enjoy what that brings.

Everything else is just noise.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
At the moment I'll settle for a round when I don't make any bloody stupid mistakes......could be a long year..
Me to.
I seem to have lost my swing and have someone else’s !
And he hasn’t been practicing very much.

Try get back in Cat1 if that still exists.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Seen a guy at mine and he had a sharpie line right up the middle of the clubface ( wedge)
I asked “what’s it for .”
He said “ it helps him to stop the S”
No idea how it works, not sure he did either , but it did he never had one all the way around.