What’s your golfing target for 2021?

MrGrumtastic

Visit site
In ascending order of difficulty:
1. Have a round without any triples.
2. Have a round without any 7s (or more!)
3. Break 80

I broke 90 for the first time last year, and managed to get as low as 85, so feel that 80 this year is a stretch but not entirely unrealistic.
Well I didn't expect to have such immediate success! Managed the first two objectives yesterday. I still shot 92 so a long way to go on the 3rd though...

4LEX

Visit site
Get to +2, Club Champs and win a few Open events. Build myself up for a big 2022. But most importantly enjoy the games with my Dad while he's still in good health. Accept the bad rounds with a shrug too (y)

Grizzly

Visit site
To have the bottle to put the first 3 cards in to get a handicap. I go to pieces when under pressure and hate commiting to anything, least of all saying 'right, this one's going to count'

I'm in the same boat, its tough. My first experience trying to put one in was awful, now I seem to find an excuse every time!

Curls

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, its tough. My first experience trying to put one in was awful, now I seem to find an excuse every time!

You guys do realise that it’s the best of your 3 cards that count right? So in effect, it doesn’t count. Not until the last one anyway ? Regardless, with the new system it’s your best 8 of the last 20 rounds once you do start playing - so the potential to get a massive cut early doors is huge. So you could think “this is the first of 11 cards that will decide my handicap“ and that will reduce the pressure I’d imagine. Basically just get the cards in and trust me you’ll wonder what all the fuss was about in a few weeks ??

Grizzly

Visit site
You guys do realise that it’s the best of your 3 cards that count right? So in effect, it doesn’t count. Not until the last one anyway ? Regardless, with the new system it’s your best 8 of the last 20 rounds once you do start playing - so the potential to get a massive cut early doors is huge. So you could think “this is the first of 11 cards that will decide my handicap“ and that will reduce the pressure I’d imagine. Basically just get the cards in and trust me you’ll wonder what all the fuss was about in a few weeks ??

Thanks, I'll try that mindset. I reckon it'll last till about the second hole mind! :)

slowhand

Head Pro
Visit site
Thanks, I'll try that mindset. I reckon it'll last till about the second hole mind! :)
I always play with a card in my pocket, and record my scores, even if they’re not for a comp/handicap. I find it gets you used to to having that pressure of recording every shot and as a consequence I then focus more on each shot.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I would like to get a good consistent run of golf without having it broken up with too many social events or work ... then I can just get better, more confident and play my best

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Handicap improvement from 18.9 index to sub 16.
Win a second comp (already won my first so its a new target)
Dont get knocked out of the match play in round 1.
Get my "bad round" score better (helps me see how far ive actualy progressed)

rksquire

Head Pro
Visit site
Play back to back rounds with nothing more than a bogey.
Get better at greenside bunker shots, especially ones where the flag is at the other side of the green.
Improve my driving - it might only come out of the bag 4 or 5 times but it only has about a 50% success rate.
Improve putting consistency in terms of proximity to hole - I've been holing my fair share of putts but still often left it 6ft shy! Been making most of these but not all so 3 putts are damaging, would like, if it doesn't drop, just to have a simple knock in!

Marshy77

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Pretty straight forward really - remember how to swing a club!! Feels awful at the moment. 3 or 4 range sessions and 27 holes later it doesn't feel like a swing at all.

Grizzly

Visit site
I always play with a card in my pocket, and record my scores, even if they’re not for a comp/handicap. I find it gets you used to to having that pressure of recording every shot and as a consequence I then focus more on each shot.

Had time to get a quiet 18 in on my own today so I tried this. It sort of worked (ie I wish I was able to submit that card!)

D

Deleted member 21445

Enjoy playing golf again.

Try and qualify for the Senior British Open.