WGC Mexico

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3432

Are you referring to an event Rose is attending? Or are you suggesting that the one in Mexico, which has 90% of the top 50 players in the world is a mickey mouse event?

Mexico.

Cash for the boys, world ranking points for boys.

No cut event, $48,000 for last place and no doubt counts towards Fedex cup and Race to Dubai rankings.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Mexico.

Cash for the boys, world ranking points for boys.

No cut event, $48,000 for last place and no doubt counts towards Fedex cup and Race to Dubai rankings.

Of course there should be points on it. The points are rewarded in regards to the field. If rather watch the top 50 on the world in one comp than 150 players with only 10 top players in it.

IainP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Scruffy start by Rory. Probably Dustin isn't the person you want in the group when that happens. Tempting to go toe to toe off the tee.

Edit: good recovery though

Last edited:

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saw this stat on @JustinRayGolf's twitter earlier:
Four players in the last fifty years have won 20 times on the @PGATOUR before turning 35: Tiger Woods, Tom Watson, Phil Mickelson and Johnny Miller. @DJohnsonPGA (36-hole leader) can join them with a win this week.

Pretty remarkable record really, he's a serious winner.

D

Deleted member 3432

It's events like this that make a joke of the rankings.
Players can pick up a load of points for turning up and playing crap.
Harder to get into top 50 than it is to drop out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'd rat

It's events like this that make a joke of the rankings.
Players can pick up a load of points for turning up and playing crap.
Harder to get into top 50 than it is to drop out.

I agree it may be a slightly ring fenced position. But that doesn't make the tournament worse to view. They still had to do the hard work and get there.

D

Deleted member 3432

I agree it may be a slightly ring fenced position. But that doesn't make the tournament worse to view. They still had to do the hard work and get there.
All fingers and thumbs on the last reply.
Of course they work hard but so do the guys a few places below them in the rankings.
I don't think the game needs these glorified titled events, it's just another stroke play event on the tour schedule.

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Really want Rory to get the grand slam but I can’t see it ... his putting isn’t up to scratch

Reckon he will win to least once a year it the odds on that it will be the masters is ridiculous

Hackers76

Visit site
I missed Hatton’s triple bogey early in the round, but saw what appeared to be him pointing back at someone in anger afterwards. Can someone tell me what happened?

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Say what you want about DJ

Rory has not showed enough in the last round and a half

He should be leve with dj or better imo

Really want him to kick on irrationally tbf but his putting has been shocking

D

Deleted member 15344

Say what you want about DJ

Rory has not showed enough in the last round and a half

He should be leve with dj or better imo

Really want him to kick on irrationally tbf but his putting has been shocking

Umm the one that hasn’t been shocking over the past couple of rounds and indeed tournaments is his putting - he had one bad hole yesterday with the putter but any other shot he dropped was due to a wayward tee shot because he is being very agressive- he has drained a lot of putts over the past couple of rounds and some very a fair amount of distance.

It starting to get a bit lazy in regards Rory and when he isn’t winning and people immediately putting it down to his putting yet this Comp is his tee shots that are the reason why he is only 2 behind

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
Umm the one that hasn’t been shocking over the past couple of rounds and indeed tournaments is his putting - he had one bad hole yesterday with the putter but any other shot he dropped was due to a wayward tee shot because he is being very agressive- he has drained a lot of putts over the past couple of rounds and some very a fair amount of distance.

It starting to get a bit lazy in regards Rory and when he isn’t winning and people immediately putting it down to his putting yet this Comp is his tee shots that are the reason why he is only 2 behind

He dropped 3 shots through his putting

Two of the 4 putts and the birdie 3 ft chance at the par 5 late in the round

That’s 3 shots

It’s not up for debate he’s missed 3 putts within 4 foot ffs

Last edited:

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Gotta love this tweet from Westwood!!!!!!

Lee Westwood @WestwoodLee
13m

Small shout out today to @Paul_Casey caddie #johnnylongsocks . -3 after 3 holes and then realised he was giving Paul the pin positions for the @PGATOUR event that’s happening in Puerto Rico! Nice one Johnny!
1f923.png
1f923.png
1f923.png
@Fooch1993 @gareth_lord