WGC Mexico

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Could DJ be the mysterious Ryder Cup member that ripped into Reed claiming he's ''full of doo doo''??? :unsure::LOL:

There's obviously tension between the two.....makes the viewing that much more interesting. ;)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
McIlroy displayed his putting frailties again last night, and for me until he gets this sorted he's going to let events like this slide by. So far, he's been as good as DJ tee to green but he needs to learn to get it in the hole more often from 3-4 feet. Remember Woods in the prime. He seemed to barely miss from that length under pressure

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
McIlroy displayed his putting frailties again last night, and for me until he gets this sorted he's going to let events like this slide by. So far, he's been as good as DJ tee to green but he needs to learn to get it in the hole more often from 3-4 feet. Remember Woods in the prime. He seemed to barely miss from that length under pressure

Well you will know all about frailties.

Hackers76

Visit site
Johnson being very clever with the rules but don’t like it. I think if he genuinely addressed the ball he wouldn’t touch the path

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Do you think your playing partners would think that you were taking the mick if you asked for a drop in that situation in a competition at your club? I think so. The rules officials rarely stand up to the top players.

D

Deleted member 15344

Adds in the nice big spit onto the green as well - disgusting, that’s as bad as people slamming the putter down

Unfortunately the referee has no choice but to give him the drop

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
He seems to get more rulings to his advantage than others, (maybe just because he’s on TV more!), but I don’t think Dougherty was that impressed, if he’d played that off his back foot I don’t think he’d been on the path.

It feels wrong to me that he gets away with that, but Fowler gets a penalty as he dropped the ball from the wrong height.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Do you think your playing partners would think that you were taking the mick if you asked for a drop in that situation in a competition at your club? I think so. The rules officials rarely stand up to the top players.
The only time I saw a rules official really stand his ground was with Seve when he was trying to get a drop for animal scrapings. All the players try it on to get an advantage so I don't think any of them can take a moral high point. Not sure you'd get away with it in a club medal but why shouldn't you if it's within the rules, if not perhaps feeling it's "in the spirit".

D

Deleted member 15344

The ref is trying to find a way not to give Rory the drop - did the ref give DJ the same grilling ?

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
The only time I saw a rules official really stand his ground was with Seve when he was trying to get a drop for animal scrapings. All the players try it on to get an advantage so I don't think any of them can take a moral high point. Not sure you'd get away with it in a club medal but why shouldn't you if it's within the rules, if not perhaps feeling it's "in the spirit".
As Seve said, the rules are there to help you :sneaky: