Wgc matchplay

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Use to go regularly when the big names like Seve, Faldo, Woosie etc were playing. Loved it. However I think this has grown into a fantastic even in its own right too but wish they'd bring a version to UK shores
Wouldn't that be great!? M'play my fave format by far so would love to see that ,or something similar here.Must of been great to see Seve play, never had the pleasure ☹️

D

Deleted member 18588

Wouldn't that be great!? M'play my fave format by far so would love to see that ,or something similar here.Must of been great to see Seve play, never had the pleasure ☹️

Generally it was but at times he could be Montyesque and be a right miserable bugger.

I recall once at The Belfry in the late eighties we were following him and the gallery were frightened to blink in case it disturbed him and set him off again.

Other times he was great, engaging with the gallery whilst playing golf that only he was capable of.

D

Deleted member 1418

Really like this event. Looks like a great course as well - certainly more interesting than your usual PGA tour course.

Some good matches and interesting results today. Rory again looking good. Molinari having another easy day. Woods up against it going into his final game tomorrow.

Scozzy

Medal Winner
Visit site
Generally it was but at times he could be Montyesque and be a right miserable bugger.

I recall once at The Belfry in the late eighties we were following him and the gallery were frightened to blink in case it disturbed him and set him off again.

Other times he was great, engaging with the gallery whilst playing golf that only he was capable of.
"Montyesque"...a great word and very descriptive! Who wouldn't know what you meant??

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tiger -5 thru his last 4 to take the lead over Cantlay setting up a possible match with Rory tomorrow. That’ll be an epic. Been much better from Tiger today, especially the last few. Promising signs.

Stenson looking the best player this week though. His approach play today was mentally good. 3 approaches from >140 yards to inside 2ft. -7 thru 14, insane golf.

D

Deleted member 16999

Tiger -5 thru his last 4 to take the lead over Cantlay setting up a possible match with Rory tomorrow. That’ll be an epic. Been much better from Tiger today, especially the last few. Promising signs.

Stenson looking the best player this week though. His approach play today was mentally good. 3 approaches from >140 yards to inside 2ft. -7 thru 14, insane golf.
Stenson and Garcia would be some match the way they’re both playing.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Some tasty looking line ups tonight. A couple will go down to the wire I hope.

🏌️⛳🏌️

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rory, Rory, Rory, what the hell was that all about.
A 395yd drive, wedge in hand and he walks off with a seven ..................................... I could have done that!

sam85

Head Pro
Visit site
Rory, Rory, Rory, what the hell was that all about.
A 395yd drive, wedge in hand and he walks off with a seven ..................................... I could have done that!

Haha I just got this and was thinking the exact same thing, minus the 395 yard of course 🤣

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bloody love Kevin Na. What a competitor, superb display of golf on the back nine.

Nice to see Tiger make it through as well, and have to fancy him against Lucas.